Iraq Redux

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Iraq Redux

Post by hobbit »

Well, it's Vietnam all over. We lost 4200 warriors with thousands more wounded and spent a trillion dollars so all the totalitarian rabble could move over from Syria (where they really weren't having much luck) so they could beat the crap out of Iraq instead. I agree that air strikes are in order...a 40 megaton blast about 1000 ft. over Baghdad would do that country nicely.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Iraq Redux

Post by IEDmagnet »

hobbit wrote:Well, it's Vietnam all over. We lost 4200 warriors with thousands more wounded and spent a trillion dollars so all the totalitarian rabble could move over from Syria (where they really weren't having much luck) so they could beat the crap out of Iraq instead. I agree that air strikes are in order...a 40 megaton blast about 1000 ft. over Baghdad would do that country nicely.
The parallels are scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IEDmagnet wrote: The parallels are scary.
As most of you know. I was an advisor. A telling discussion with Ranger Puck. He was the advisor to the Afgan NCO leadership school. His comment was that he was always worried about one of the Afgans shooting him in the back. I told him that I never had that fear in Viet-Nam.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Jim wrote:
As most of you know. I was an advisor. A telling discussion with Ranger Puck. He was the advisor to the Afgan NCO leadership school. His comment was that he was always worried about one of the Afgans shooting him in the back. I told him that I never had that fear in Viet-Nam.
I never had that worry in Afghanistan. There were green on blue shootings while I was there, but I guess I got lucky in my assignments.

In Iraq I was on scene when we caught IA and IP actively targeting us, so I have those feelings for Baghdad.

I am concerned for the 300 being sent though, between ISIS and now JAM....this isn't looking like a good set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

I said it elsewhere, but fuck the Arabs (both sects), fuck the Turkoman, fuck the Persians, and fuuuuuuuuck the Jaburi. We should only support the Kurds and Yazidi. The rest can bleed each other until there's none left. I won't shed a tear. Other than to help establish Kurdistand, we shouldn't spend another dime there, just whack the occasional bad guy surgically.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The Assyrians were a friendly and supportive bunch.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Jim wrote:
Nor did I. The Hac Bao, ARVN Rangers in I Corps with whom L Company worked as advisors on several BDA missions (bomb damage assessment), were the only group in that entire sorry army with any sense of mission...or any guts. Most of the officers were from Hue, educated Catholics who spoke English. We trusted the ARVN Rangers implicitly.

So what should we call what's happening in Iraq right now? "Saddam's Revenge"? I think that's a more apt tag for current events than it is for a GI's tummy ache.

It's all about oil now. Iraq has the fourth largest reserve on the planet. The Sunnis want it. So do we. I'd love to have access to the backdoor dealing going on right now between this administration and Iraq's current Shia government. I wonder how many millions of barrels they're committing to America in order that we go in and save their asses. We demanded the same thing of Kuwait back in the day. I'd say a trillion dollars worth should do the trick. So let's dust off the B-52's. They haven't had anything to do since the last time we bombed the shit out of Iraq's fanatics.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Jim wrote:...and they all get combat pay!

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/21016 ... um=twitter
I should fucking hope so. It's "Imminent Danger Pay", not "Combat Pay".

If anyone is in imminent danger it's those poor bastards.

Comment number 1 for the article was written by a 'tard.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

$200 a month is a fucking joke. I wonder how many congressman, senators, or members of this administration would go to Iraq and put themselves in harm's way for two hundred bucks a month combat pay? 98% would poop in their panties just thinking about such an eventuality.

Uhhhh...speaking of panties and shooting wars, etc., have any of you guys seen Maria Finoshina on RT TV? She's a drop dead beautiful Russian amazon (about 5' 10"), with blond hair & blue eyes. She's got brains to match her beauty and speaks perfect English. Every time I've seen her on RT, she's wearing a bullet-proof vest and combat helmet and she's always right in the middle of a shooting war somewhere on the globe. The woman has more guts than our entire press corps put together, and oh is she easy on the eyes.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”