Need help to verifying Ranger credentials

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
sunny237365
Embryo

Post by sunny237365 »

I hate to even ask this questions being that I'm ex military myself. But one thing that boils my blood is when I suspect someone of faking/posing military credentials. I'm in corporate america now and came across this odd situation. Is there anyone out there who served with the 3rd Ranger Battalion during the period from 5/1997 to 5/2002. The person is question is named Steve Norris, who claims he was a Captain (promotable) and company commander in the 3rd Ranger Battalion during that period. Served from 5/1997 to 5/2002. Claims 3 tours in Afganistan and 2 tours in Iraq. The guy was only in the Army for five years and had five combat tours? Also claims to have been either been shot or had shrapnel in his hand. From 2LT to CPT (P) in 5 tours of combat in 5 years of active duty? How long is 1 tour of duty in Afganistan or Iraq? Thank you for your sacrifice and service.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Need help to verifying Ranger credentials

Post by K.Ingraham »

Per site rules, please post an intro in the appropriate forum & read the FAQs, nothing further can be done before you do.
Best,
K.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
sunny237365
Embryo

POSSIBLE POSER

Post by sunny237365 »

I smell a poser and need help. I'm a retired army recruiter in corporate america and came across a interesting situation. The person in my company claims to be a previous company commander for 3rd Ranger Battalion. Claims to have 3 tours in Iraq and 2 tours in afghanistan. What smells is he was only on active duty for 5 years from 1997 to 2002. Major war operations didn't occur until after 9/11. There's no way he could have done it. He has used these claims to pad his resume and gain promotional opportunities. I even checked on 3rd Ranger Battalion battle history and the time frames didn't match. Really need a Army Ranger perspective. I respect them and what they do too much for this fraud to continue. Thanks.
sunny237365
Embryo

Post by sunny237365 »

smell a poser and need help. I'm a retired army recruiter in corporate america and came across a interesting situation. The person in my company claims to be a previous company commander for 3rd Ranger Battalion. Claims to have 3 tours in Iraq and 2 tours in afghanistan. What smells is he was only on active duty for 5 years from 1997 to 2002. Major war operations didn't occur until after 9/11. There's no way he could have done it. He has used these claims to pad his resume and gain promotional opportunities. I even checked on 3rd Ranger Battalion battle history and the time frames didn't match. Really need a Army Ranger perspective. I respect them and what they do too much for this fraud to continue. Thanks.
sunny237365
Egg

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you've double tapped this with two posts. I'm going to lock this until you've completed an intro per our site rules. go up top, post an intro in the appropriate area, and we'll unlock this.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
rgrwest
Ranger

Re: POSSIBLE POSER - NEED CONFIRMATION

Post by rgrwest »

sunny237365 wrote:I smell a poser and need help. I'm a retired army recruiter in corporate america and came across a interesting situation. The person in my company claims to be a previous company commander for 3rd Ranger Battalion. Claims to have 3 tours in Iraq and 2 tours in afghanistan. What smells is he was only on active duty for 5 years from 1997 to 2002. Major war operations didn't occur until after 9/11. There's no way he could have done it. He has used these claims to pad his resume and gain promotional opportunities. I even checked on 3rd Ranger Battalion battle history and the time frames didn't match. Really need a Army Ranger perspective. I respect them and what they do too much for this fraud to continue. Thanks.

Sunny welcome aboard. Give us a name and starting point so we can find out.

Thanks.

I find it funny he has 3 tours in Iraq but we didn't cross the berm until Feb 2003? He got out in 2002. He must be really top secret? :shock:
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Close this thread - Sunny has posted this request three different places. Let's keep the discussion under just one of them so nothing gets lost.

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
sunny237365
Embryo

Post by sunny237365 »

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I'm new to your site and fumbling thru the protocol. Thanks again.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

sunny237365 wrote:Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I'm new to your site and fumbling thru the protocol. Thanks again.
sunny, you will refrain from making multiple topic posts (of the same subject) throughout this board for your own use.

All different topics move to this topic.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
sunny237365
Embryo

Post by sunny237365 »

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding of your protocol. I'm looking for help
sunny237365
Embryo

Post by sunny237365 »

The individual in question is Steve Norris, states he was a CPT (P) and served in the Army from 2/1997 to 2/2002. Claims 3 tours in Iraq and 2 tours in Afghanistan all in five years of service. Claims he was a Company CDR in the 3rd Ranger BN. He said his Ranger class was 2/99. I had a conversation with him about the Army Ranger who just was awarded the Medal of Honor for bravery. He told me at that point he was awarded the Silver Star. Claims he's medically retired with hand injury. Told some people he was shot in the hand, other his hand was hit with shrapnel. Told a person in my company that he had to go to the VA to have his eyes checked because he's a sniper and still can be called upon for mission. Trust me when I say that I want to be wrong with this information. It just sound fishy. I apologize for my urgency in replying on different posts. He has used this military credentials for promotional purposed in the civilian sector. Thanks again Rangers.
sunny237365
Embryo

Post by sunny237365 »

Sorry for my double post. new computer and use to double clicking. thanks
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I place all blame for my keyboard bumbling on too much/not enough coffee. I think I'll go brew more, I'm typing entirely too lucedly for this early hour.
Last edited by K.Ingraham on August 16th, 2011, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RS 9-76

The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by The Surgeon on July 30th, 2011, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bco 3/75

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”