Grenada Veterans

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
-Ray-
Inprocessing

Grenada Veterans

Post by -Ray- »

Fellow members:

Hello, how are you. This is my first post on the forum. I hope my approach is not too imposing but I'm requesting if anyone may please be of assistance regarding the following issues.

I'm in search of any resource where I may be able to obtain a 1974-84 scroll CSIB insignia for the new Army service uniform. These are the new relplacements for the FWS-SSI. They are metal-enamaled construction and adorned on the right breast pocket.

I'm still on active duty and continue to bear the previous scroll as an 11B from Operation Urgent fury and would like to continue to do so with the Army service uniform (blue) I have researched around already. Does any one perhaps have any leads in the FT. Benning/Bragg area? I will even have one made if I can find a manufacture.

Also are there any other known 75th RGR RGT Grenada veterans on active duty. I'm currently assigned to the 2 BCT 101st but on PCS orderst o the 4BCT, 82nd and will be there in May 2011. Your time and resource(s) are deeply apreciated.

I'm adding an illustrated attachement of what i'm in search of. The DCU scroll I had made when I was stationed in Germany for wear with my DCU's eventhough unauthorized for wear. Note the German style "1"
DSC05984.JPG
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Grenada Veterans

Post by KW Driver »

Pretty sure my first platoon daddy is still serving, and funny enough, he's a 1st batter named Ray. but he's working somewhere else last I heard

I still need to order a newer version myself and someone here said new ones are hard to find. New 2nd Bn ones are at Lewis.

I think you old scrollers are gunna end up SOL unless y'all get together on an order.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Grenada Veterans

Post by Invictus »

KW Driver wrote:Pretty sure my first platoon daddy is still serving, and funny enough, he's a 1st batter named Ray. but he's working somewhere else last I heard

I still need to order a newer version myself and someone here said new ones are hard to find. New 2nd Bn ones are at Lewis.

I think you old scrollers are gunna end up SOL unless y'all get together on an order.
Trey, the Death Ray was just named DCSM for the 25th. Talked to him via FB the other day and he's pretty stoked. I think he thought he'd be stuck in a staff job at Lewis until he retired.

BG Tony Thomas is DCO at JSCO, he was a PL in 2/75 for OUF. Don't know of many more still serving.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

wish I knew he was at Lewis. he still there?

and I haven't made the friend cut it seems. I think I requested him off of one of y'all.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

OH ZONK, LOOK! A DONUT! IT JUST ROLLED ROUND THAT CORNER! I THINK YOU CAN GET IT STILL IF YOU HURRY! IT HAD JELLY!
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Since our 'old scroll' was never DA authorized, there will never be an officialy approved badge for it. You really do not want to see the authorized SSI, much less wear one. It was just a bastardized version of the DUI.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
-Ray-
Inprocessing

Post by -Ray- »

I would like to express my gratitude for all the replys. I suspected this will be a ball buster to get unless like minting new design challenge coins you must order a minimum of 3,000 or something,,,$$$.

Also I never realized the old scroll was not DA approved. We were informed back then that we were authorized to wear this directly by the chain. Oh well, it's not like anyone ever told me to remove it.

If I can return the favor somehow please don't ever hesitate. I still have a few of the year books from 82 and 84 if you need any mug shots.

Nevertheless it's a great pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. Thank you.

-Ray-
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I still need to order a newer version myself and someone here said new ones are hard to find.
The 1/75 CSIB was being sold down at the HAAF PX when I was down there for the memorial a few weeks ago. I was just recently able to get one off of the internet though, before that I was wearing a 75th CSIB. Unfortunately, USASOC units were last in line at the institute of heraldry for getting the CSIB's approved.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

KW Driver wrote:wish I knew he was at Lewis. he still there?

and I haven't made the friend cut it seems. I think I requested him off of one of y'all.
I don't think he's done the Change of Responsibility yet. He was in the J-3 office I believe.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Duke Durkan is still serving and he was a 1/75 Grenada Raider. Since, we have started listing some..
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by -Ray- »

I know him. He worked at the personel branch for awhile, then we served together again in the 90's in the 1/75.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”