Ever train with ANGLICO Marines??

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
pancitpower0213
Egg

Ever train with ANGLICO Marines??

Post by pancitpower0213 »

I'm planning on becoming an ANGLICO Marine and I know that ANGLICO units often train with Army units including the Rangers. I was just wondering if anybody has ever trained with them or gone throught Ranger school with them. And, what was it like training with that unit? Thanks for the help!
pancitpower0213
Egg

ANGLICO

I have an old high school friend who is an ANGLICO Marine. He's been to Airborne school, SERE school, and Mountain Warfare school. He also told me that some Marines in his unit go through Ranger and Pathfinder school as well. Thats pretty much how I got the idea to go for ANGLICO. I wanted to know more about the unit but my friend is in the middle east right now attached to the Royal Marine Commandos, so I looked on the internet to get some info on ANGLICO. I found some but not much. I just know that they provide fire support to the units they're attached too. Thanks for the help!
pancitpower0213
Egg

Oh yeah! I also want to join because I read that ANGLICO Marines are going to be one of the few units that will be part of that new Marine Special Ops unit that they are creating.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

My stock broker is a retired Sgt Major, and did some time with ANGLICO. While he was with them, they did some training with 3/75 at Benning. I know nothing of them rolling over to JSOC once the Corps gets into the game. The only one I know of that will is the unit they just formed that is doing joint training with the SEALs.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
VEGA175

Post by VEGA175 »

We did train with them .My ranger buddy in desert phase was a cpt for them He recycled but I ran into him at JRTC I think they were mainly running around with the hq. element
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

First I was under the impression that the MC did away with ANGLICO. So you might want to check on that. That being said the almost all the ones I worked with were squared away. I know one E6 (Redmore I think) that I did some missions with was a squared away as anyone I have ever seen. The flip side occurred when I went on a deployment with them. Seems that the MC had them broke down into 3 groups. They had the A team which deployed with all the tier 1 guys, then a B team that deployed with others, then the fuck ups that they didn’t like anyone to see. Well because of all the stuff that was going on in the world I got to spend about 2 weeks or so with the fucks ups. Was an eye opening experience, because you just don’t see people like that when you are in a Ranger unit. The only saving grace of the whole 2 weeks was that the ODA (335) team there adopted me and it turned into 2 weeks of good training and better drinking.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Recon Marine
Embryo

Post by Recon Marine »

I have to agree with Leatherneck. If you want to train with some of the best, go straight 0311 (don't know if Recon option is still available at signup), and try out for Recon. Schools don't make you who you are. Some of the best Recon Boys I ever worked with didn't have any "eye candy", and others that were schooled out, were s&*tbags. (Even in great units, you get occasional idiots, just fewer of them). I never directly worked with Anglico, but if you want a challenge, Jump school isn't it. Challenge yourself with RIP, ARS, Ranger, and some damn intense bush work. That will be a hell of lot more rewarding then Gold Wings. You don't wear any fancy badges (except a Tab under your pocket flap) for these schools, but they shape you as a man. This is coming from a guy who snapped both his wrists on my Gold Wing jump. Jump and Dive are ways to get to work, not a definetion of a job. As to fire support, Recon team members (all of them) call in fire. I'd figure out exactly what you want out being a Marine and make your decision from there.
USMC 2d Recon Bn 94-98, Class 7-96
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

Leatherneck wrote: We had a few FANGs attached with us in Desert Shield/Storm. They slept in our pos, pulled firewatch, almost got us court-martialed (that's a good story), shared our chow, etc.,
care to tell that story?
Tommy

Re: Ever train with ANGLICO Marines??

Post by Tommy »

pancitpower0213 wrote:I'm planning on becoming an ANGLICO Marine and I know that ANGLICO units often train with Army units including the Rangers.
I know this is an old post. Yes they do work with Rangers(in my day...Rico). Damm they were some big Kobe beef MFO's.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”