CSM Leon-Guerrero

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: CSM Leon-Guerrero

Post by RANGER513 »

LG was and IS a Ranger legend.

I like the way he always popped up in the field. On a DZ, roadmarch, while on patrol, sitting in the damn rain in South Rainer in December in a patrol base, doesn't matter where ya where, LG would always surprise ya and just show up out of the blue........and call you by name ! I think during my time in 2nd Batt he could name every single NCO without looking at your name tag.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

I was wondering if this Ranger leader is listed in Dr. D's greatest military leaders thread.

+ points cross thread reference :)

and I'm anxiously awaiting Ranger Oto-Man posting on this topic, I always enjoy his posts whether they're are 1. down-right comical, 2. informative/ teaching or 3. a means to put a wayward ArmyRanger.com member back in their perspective lane
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Jenny Lynn wrote:I was wondering if this Ranger leader is listed in Dr. D's greatest military leaders thread.

and I'm anxiously awaiting Ranger Oto-Man posting on this topic, I always enjoy his posts whether they're are 1. down-right comical, 2. informative/ teaching or 3. a means to put a wayward ArmyRanger.com member back in their perspective lane

Jenny, it'll be a good post...not historical in nature...but it'll be good...Should be able to get something together in the next couple of days 8) 8) 8) ....(gotta get the 40 year old brain cells to think back and articulate the events!!!!!)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Oto-Man wrote:
Jenny Lynn wrote:I was wondering if this Ranger leader is listed in Dr. D's greatest military leaders thread.

Jenny, it'll be a good post...not historical in nature...but it'll be good...Should be able to get something together in the next couple of days 8) 8) 8) ....(gotta get the 40 year old brain cells to think back and articulate the events!!!!!)
gotta get the 40 year old brain cells to think back and articulate the events

Ranger Oto-Man,
Isn't that the truth, today at work I couldn't remember something I did not 5 minutes earlier, they say the short term memory the first to go,

oh sorry now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
DirtyDeeds
Inprocessing

Post by DirtyDeeds »

I remember watching my platoon's weapons squad fall out of the chow hall line and drag CSM LG by his feet through a great big puddle in front of A Co at 3rd Batt. He was screaming "HOOOAH RANGERS! HOOOOAH!" the whole way. The man was awesome.
B Co 3/75 1991-1993
HHC 3/75 1993-1994
160th LRSD 2005-2008
OIF III, OIF VII
RLTW!
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

I was deployed in Honduras In 1984, with the HHC commo section and we were inside the perimeter of a company sized patrol base. One of the other commo guys was wearing a drive on rag on his head, when LG walked out of the TOC and was moving off towards another part of the PB. He glanced over towards our direction as he was walking and then disappeared breifly behind a tree, at which time the commo guy pulled the drive on rag off his head. As LG cleared the tree he changed direction right towards us. When he reached us, all he said was lets knock'em out. LG then dropped down, elevated his feet and started knocking out pushups. We all dropped with him. I loved that guy, true epitomy of never asking someone to do something he wouldn't, even when he didn't have to do it.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
cib18ev
Ranger

Post by cib18ev »

I remember he was running the JROTC program at the Puyallup HS after he retired. He came by 2/75 and grabbed some NCOs for a weekend to teach classes up at Huckleberry Creek (survival skills, knots, basic moutaineering). He could usually be found playing guitar at the 1100 Catholic Mass every Sunday the the main post Catholic chapel as well. He would always pick out the Rangers to say hello to.
B 2/75 from 92 to 96.
RHQ from 96 to 00
Ranger class 12-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Was this young man related to the CSM?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... at25m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Shit.

It almost has to be a relation. Guam is not big.
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

ma91c1an wrote:Shit.

It almost has to be a relation. Guam is not big.
That's what I was thinking. My old neighbor in Puyallup was Guamian, one thing about those guys they all know each other and are all really close.

I dvr'd "Deadliest Catch" and the above young man was on that episode.
rvnlrrp
Ranger

Post by rvnlrrp »

I know this is late, but CSM Leon-Guerreo retired as CSM Ft. McPherson, GA back in 2010. Knew him well there but he was a fish out of water in the admin job.
RVNLRRP
1SG (Ret)
25th ID LRRPs 1966-1967
RVN 66-67, 68-69, 70-71
75th RRA LM# 516
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

LG was at BRC this year and RR2011, I talked to him both times. Still a damn good guy.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

rvnlrrp wrote:I know this is late, but CSM Leon-Guerreo retired as CSM Ft. McPherson, GA back in 2010. Knew him well there but he was a fish out of water in the admin job.
"Kenny" is not even close to "MRC-LG"......

If you stick your neck in a thread, make sure you know what and who you're talking about.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
rvnlrrp
Ranger

Post by rvnlrrp »

I hope that my comment about CSM Leon-Guerrero being "a fish out of water" was not taken as a hit, to the contrary he did more by 0800 than most people did all day and for him that job was a piece of cake. I guess my main point was that just to be around him and his replacement CSM Roberts was an experience in itself. It was just a hell of a waste of pure talent and experience to put a warrior in that job but I guess with all that he had seen and done, he desired a bit of piece and quiet. The garrison troops found themselve in the presence of a true warrior. When I met him I had already retired and was working as a civilian but for me it was a honor to be acknowledged by him when our paths crossed. Just wanted to set the record straight.
RVNLRRP
1SG (Ret)
25th ID LRRPs 1966-1967
RVN 66-67, 68-69, 70-71
75th RRA LM# 516

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”