To Be An Army Ranger -- by Russ Bryant

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

I ordered the book from barnes and nobel also, i cant wait to crack it open and start reading it. How long did you wait till your copy came in?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I think the photos alone are worth the money.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Good, I've been looking for more books about Ranger School, I already read Ranger School by Brace Barber and it was pretty good and detailed too. No photos though.
DGhost
Embryo

Post by DGhost »

i saw this book at B&N the other day. I would certainly agree that the photos are worth the cost of the book.

a very good read.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Wow, I cant believe im this anxious to get a book! I've only read a few books in my and those were forced. Just how many pictures are there?
Dropped
Embryo

Post by Dropped »

I ordered something from the quartermaster site linked here about 2 weeks ago and still haven't recieved it, anyone know if it usually takes this long? I also made a post about it in another forum, since it's the most active, wish I'd seen this thread 1st.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Russ is a good guy. He was in 1/75, C Co I think. He blew out his knee on a jump, and got a medical. Then he became a military photographer.

There I was, no shit. We were doing a dog and pony show for the Vietnam 101st vets, and my spotter and I were preparing our hide location for the exhibition just 50m in front of the grand stand, in open field. Russ saw us, and came over to get some pics. He went nuts, cause evidently a photographer doesn't get very many opportunities to take shots of snipers in their hides. He took all kinds of pics of us, and said he wanted to use them in a book he was working on titled "Sue Sponte". Well, to make a long story short, the pics came out so well, that one of them was used in all kinds of material, from postcards at the PX, T-shirts from S5, watch faces from Quartermaster, motivational posters from Mach-1, yada, yada, yada. Call it my "five minutes of fame", or whatever. But the pics did come out very well. Obviously, there was never any mention of our name and unit in the caption, though. It does kind of get your goat when you have long since been a civilian again, are flying to your vacation destination, looking through a Sky Mall magazine, and see your face in one of the pics. Enough of that shit ...... back to Russ.

Russ should be able to give you some no BS information, because he has been there, done that.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

I also have that book. It's definately well worth the money. As said before, the photography alone is simply amazing. I have a feeling this book is as close as I'm going to get to getting a pretty good idea what I'm in for. :)
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

MrWesson22 wrote:I have a feeling this book is as close as I'm going to get to getting a pretty good idea what I'm in for. :)
Mr. W-

Scrounge up half a dozen bald, battered tires. Pile them up in the center of a cleared outdoor area. Pour one gallon of diesel fuel on the tires. Light the pile with a match.

That is as close as you're going to get to getting a pretty good idea what you're in for........SMOKE!!! hehehehe

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

C'mon now, there are better ways to smoke tires than that. It's called horsepower. But yeah, I do realize I'm in for a bunch of hazing when/if I make it. That's expected and accepted.
snapper-916-
Embryo

Post by snapper-916- »

i order the book last monday. and still hasnt gotten here.... ;-(

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”