Confusion on age limits....

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Mel

Confusion on age limits....

Post by Mel »

Greetings Rangers. I'm sure this question has been asked, but I tried using the search and still nothing. I've used "age limit", "maximum age", "too old" and etc. and still nothing. I'm trying to find out whether there was an age limit to join the 75th. I know there isn't a limit to attend Ranger School...

I also tried looking at www.goarmy.com with lackluster results. The only information I can find is 36 for Airborne and 30 for Special Forces.

When looking on the web, the only information I got was in regards to Ranger Pat Tilman (RIP) and getting in before 29 years old. Can someone clarify this for me? Thank you.

-Mel
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I went through RIP with a guy that was 32.

He didn't make it because he fucked up his hip on the last road march. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He ended up the 82nd. He was older than fuck then :shock: but that is 6 yrs younger than I am now. He was a fucking stud now looking back.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Mel

Post by Mel »

Ranger Luna wrote:I went through RIP with a guy that was 32.

He didn't make it because he fucked up his hip on the last road march. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He ended up the 82nd. He was older than fuck then :shock: but that is 6 yrs younger than I am now. He was a fucking stud now looking back.
Damn... :oops: I'm already 29. :cry:
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

Don't be a pussy. I have friends who have completed RIP, and RS after their 30's.

There are some organizations within the Army that tend to not take soldiers until they are older and the average age is over 30. These guys aren't babied or coddled in their selection process and are in outstanding shape as they go about their daily life.

You could be in the best shape of your life at 29, you could have built the muscle, sinew, and discipline with diet and excercise that younger men haven't. So stop being a fucking pussy and enabling yourself to be weak.
RS Class 06-06
Mel

Post by Mel »

Grumble and Grunt wrote:Don't be a pussy. I have friends who have completed RIP, and RS after their 30's.

There are some organizations within the Army that tend to not take soldiers until they are older and the average age is over 30. These guys aren't babied or coddled in their selection process and are in outstanding shape as they go about their daily life.

You could be in the best shape of your life at 29, you could have built the muscle, sinew, and discipline with diet and excercise that younger men haven't. So stop being a fucking pussy and enabling yourself to be weak.
Thank you Ranger Grumble and Grunt. Actually I am in the best shape of my life right now...better than when I was in high school...which is why it would suck if I'm too old to attend RIP (I'm not worried about my physical capabilities...just confused about technicalities).

I've read numerous posts regarding Soldiers from various branches completing Ranger School in their late 30's and 40's and earning their tabs...but I didn't find anything about the maximum age for being able to serve with the 75th Regiment.

Thanks again Ranger Grumble and Grunt. Any further information will be much appreciated.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The recruiter will have everything you need for your Option 40.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I was 30 when I enlisted as an E2. You shouldn't have any problems.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Thank you Rangers. This is very good to know! In the meantime....off to PT! :x
Brat Attack
Ranger

Post by Brat Attack »

Do PT! I have a 40 year old E-2 in my company! Dudes older than shit but he made it through RIP so fucking drive on...
C Co. Hardrock 1/75
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”