Bronchitis...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Evolution
Embryo

Bronchitis...

Post by Evolution »

I've suddenly came down with f'n bronchitis and I ship on Thursday. Piece of shit truck died on me and I had to push it 7 blocks in -5 degree windy icy weather.

I'm resting up and drinking all the healthy fluids I can, but I don't know if I can get over it in two days. My recruiter has me scheduled to do my pre-basic checklist and initial PT for a rank promotion tomorrow.

Should I bring this up to him or just suck it up and go? I'm worried about having to delay my shipping and possibly losing my Opt. 40, since 20050120 was the only date they had available for shipping.
"If your buddies don't like you there because you are a piece of shit, they will vote you off the mother fucking island." ~ Ranger Dublo
Bell

Post by Bell »

Go to the Doc and he'll fix ya up. You won't need to say anything to the Recruiter or anyone. If yer still sick at Fort Jackson go to the Doc. You'll be fine. But......get some medication now. If the Recruiter asks be honest. Tell him ya got a cold or something. Bronchitis isn't a disease. Meds will fix it right up.

RLTW
Bell
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

You fucking jackass. Doing that shit right before you leave ain't smart. What were you thinking?

Looks like you get to take a PT test with the fucking croup. Get your meds. Hydrate like a mutherfucker for the next few days. Get plenty of rest, and let your pussy hurt for a few more days, because come Thursday, it's on.

Pushing a truck in subzero weather. Jesus, how many times have you heard about the fine line between hard and stupid? Did it not cross you mind you could end up sick just before you shipped out? I bet you wish you'd have just called the damn tow truck now, don'tcha?

DO PUSHUPS FOR BEING A DUMBASS.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Thanks for the advice, Ranger Bell. The soonest I'll be able to get in to the Doc is tomorrow and that's not even 100%. The office is closed today, so I could not even get in until Wednesday, which the same day I stay in the Omni. I just feel like I may be pushing it trying to ship like this or going to sick call right after I get to Ft. Benning.
"If your buddies don't like you there because you are a piece of shit, they will vote you off the mother fucking island." ~ Ranger Dublo
Bell

Post by Bell »

Evolution wrote:Thanks for the advice, Ranger Bell. The soonest I'll be able to get in to the Doc is tomorrow and that's not even 100%. The office is closed today, so I could not even get in until Wednesday, which the same day I stay in the Omni. I just feel like I may be pushing it trying to ship like this or going to sick call right after I get to Ft. Benning.
It'll cost more but the emergency room is open 24/7. You wanna get something done...and on time...then think.

RLTW
Bell
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Just don't take any kind of fucking cough supressent. You gotta cough to get that shit up. The Docs may give you an expectorent (sp?)

At a minimum, get rest, drink water, and cough dammit. If the shit gets yellow or grey ... then say something because if you fuck with bronchitis you COULD get a form of pneumonia, and then you are truly fucked.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Ranger2

Re: Z-pack

Post by Ranger2 »

Xducer wrote:Do like the Ranger's have said! Get to the ER. If they don't tell you what they are giving you ask about a Z-Pack and a shot of B-12 in the ass. You got a very short amount of time to get right. Stay in bed and drink gallons of fluids.
Get well, get right and get it on!

--Xducer
I get broncitis at least twice a year due to running. A Z-Pack full of antibiotics is the only cure. Get some fast and it will be gone in 5 days. Otherwise in basic it will probably turn to something worse.

Emergency room or a Urgent care, NOW!

Ranger2
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Rangers and Veteran Xducer,

Thanks to all of you for the advice. I'm heading to the store in a bit to pick up a bunch of remedies and I'll be heading to the Doc at 0700 to get a ZPack and B-12.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Go to the emergency room like Bell suggests. Start treatment immediately. When you enter service, there will be at least a week of inprocessing testing and getting your supplies and other items. You should be back to your old self easily in ten 10 days. Bronchitis is not the end of the world. Just be thankful you ain't shipping off to a war zone where ya gotta be quiet.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”