Question about Officers and Leg Rangers

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
DS1979
Embryo

Question about Officers and Leg Rangers

Post by DS1979 »

Hello Rangers, I made an introduction yesterday and have done quite a bit of reading in the past two days since I found this site...here is my first question...since i just branched infantry and will be commissioned in a few months, i will have the opportunity to attend both Ranger school and BAC.....i read a thread about an officer who was going to Ranger school before attending BAC....one of the Rangers who responded to this particular thread said that this leg officer would not be respected by his peers in Ranger school.....my question might probably be directed towards an infantry officer who attended ranger school, or anyone who can answer it for that matter....

how can an officer CHOOSE whether or not he can attend the BAC right after IOBC instead of going straight to Ranger school....i personally dont want to be one of those guys who isnt respected by my peers because i couldn't attend the BAC prior to attending Ranger School.....Secondly is going thru BAC before Ranger school increasing your chances of getting hurt prior to attending Ranger school?

Are their any Ranger Officers here who can comment on their experience, or any Rangers who know about this particular issue....thank you in advance Rangers...

DS
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

well duh yes going to BAC before Ranger school will increase your chances of getting hurt, and like the other thread being on jump status will greatly increase you chance of getting hurt in Ranger school, but its a chance that you take
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Never pass up an opportunity to excel.
If that's the way the chips fall for you then do it.
The only time your peers will even remember you're a leg is when you're on detail while the jumpers sleep the night before the jump.
You really do have other things to worry about.
If you're in Ranger School you've got the biggest balls in the Army anyway,so don't sweat the small shit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DirtyM
Ranger

Post by DirtyM »

DS1979

IMO, you are over thinking it. No one gives two squirts if you are abn qualified in RGR school or not...doesn't even register.

Not sure why, but I would go to Ranger school first if I had the choice. Get on with it- you know? BAC is learning how to fall down correctly for 2 weeks with mild PT thrown in, followed by a week in the harness at McCarthy Hall (?) waiting to fall out of an airplane with 300+ others.

Bottom line, it comes down to what your gut tells you.
RS Class 7-92
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

You know what DS,

If your so fuckin concerned about "gettin" hurt or being overly cautious why in the fuck do you REALLY WANT TO BE A RANGER!?!

Its one thing to calculate your risks, but I doubt if very many if ANY of us thought twice about going to jump school.

JUMP SCHOOL AIN'T SHIT! If you're scared to jump or thinking about gettin hurt before you even get there.......

THEN IMO

YOU AIN'T RANGER MATERIAL..............PERIOD!!!

You either have the Warrior Mentality or you Don't, its just that simple. You either have "HEART", "GUTS", "BALLS" or whatever the heck you want to refer to it as OR YOU FRICKIN DON'T!!!

So Stop wastin our time and yours :!:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
DirtyM
Ranger

Post by DirtyM »

Target destroyed, all rounds expended, mission complete.
RS Class 7-92
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Fuck this asshole
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
HandJob of the Woods

off topic

Post by HandJob of the Woods »

So what about the non abn Q air force guys who go through Ranger school. whats in store for them?
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: off topic

Post by Bugsy »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Hanzo wrote:So what about the non abn Q air force guys who go through Ranger school. whats in store for them?
Hell on earth....questions?
:lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: That about sums it up.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
panzer275
Ranger

Post by panzer275 »

Your not in Regiment and your a cherry fucking officer. Take your chance to go to Ranger school when you got. Or else you'll end up being that fag 0-4 major trying to pull rank fiveyears from now and getting your ass beat by a PFC in the woods.
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”