Looking for help from those who know best

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Looking for help from those who know best

Post by Thetimehascome »

Hi, My name is Joe I'm interested in tring to join the Army Rangers. I have spoke with a local recruiter,but I'm not sure what is fact and what is not. I'm 30 years old great shape "I'm sure not Ranger shape" but i plan to work on that,anyway they told me I was not to old to be a Ranger but said that I could not recieve it in a contract. Seeking some advise. Am I to old for enlistment(have you seen my age go through) and advise on how to approach this recruiter.
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

First what was the specific reason they denied you a ranger contract? Prior service? Physical wasnt good?

Second, you really want to be called pappy? Because that will happen, and its gonna probably happen to me. Even if I am 22 already been there and done that somewhere else. So imagine how they are going to treat you. Your DS's are gonna be younger than you. Not to discourage you, but you will be laughed at because of age.

As for your problem, might as well chance it. Get Airborne Infantry in your contract and pray that the RIP cadre will take you.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I had a Ranger in my squad that was your age. Fuck age. You can do it if you really want to. He had to work at it but it can be done.

Ranger2
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

They told me the same thing when I enlisted. I was nearly 31. I told them to shove it at the MEPS station and walked out. They chased me down the hall, brought me back in their office and we signed a Ranger Contract. Do not accept anything less, if that is truly your goal. It is available. It's just like working the car salesmmen, when you buy a new car (don't let them sell you a Pinto, if you're wanting a Cadillac). Feel free to PM me, if you really need to. Good luck!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Remember, the Army needs you more than you need the Army and never let them convince you otherwise. Also be advised and our resident recruiter will attest to this. Recruiters are sales people and you are the buyer. Dont buy what you dont want.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Bell

Post by Bell »

I was 27 when I joined. What's age got to do with it? I did fine and had a great time.

Ask for the Option 40 and settle for nothing less. You have until 35 years of age to enlist. Plenty of time.

RLTW
Bell
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

The best privates I ever had where over 25.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

looking for help

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Hey Joe,don't sweat that small shit and don't listen to that other negative shit either noone's gonna call you "pappy".They're gonna call you Ranger! :twisted:
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

Sorry for the long delay in responding,I've been out of town for work.Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. A special thanks to all the Rangers,your support and encouragement has made me want it even more,and can't wait to be part of your family.

[It's ok to do what you want to do untill its time to do what you were ment to do.][/quote]
TRLewis

Re: Looking for help from those who know best

Post by TRLewis »

Thetimehascome wrote: but said that I could not recieve it in a contract.
What about answering this?
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

I spoke with my recruiter again today, only this time with a little more knowledge and he's singing a different tune I go down for the asvab on Wenesday.Thanks for all the advise.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Thetimehascome wrote:I spoke with my recruiter again today, only this time with a little more knowledge and he's singing a different tune I go down for the asvab on Wenesday.Thanks for all the advise.

Time To Type Reply: $50.00
Time to even Consider Reply: $50.00
Advise: Priceless

Please remit your tithes and offering to the Pastor. Don't make me come get it! :twisted:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Recruitment Process”