Introduction- Eli

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

BecomeBetter
Egg

Introduction- Eli

Post by BecomeBetter »

My name is Eli, I joined because I don’t want to do anything else other than become a Ranger. I am 27 and feel like I’ve wasted so much time not going after it. I made excuse after excuse from having a hard upbringing to having kids early in life. I am done with that version of myself. I joined hoping to gain some insight from the ones who have lived what I have only hoped for.
I’m currently training constantly to make it a reality.
Thanks for having me.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction- Eli

Post by BlueLiner »

Eli, welcome to Army Ranger.com. This forum has been utilized by countless Ranger hopefuls over the past decade and a half to accomplish their goals. Tell us more about yourself, why do you want to be a Ranger? Have you ever played team sports growing up? What is your PT looking like? What MOS are you looking to enlist with an Option 40?

As a great Ranger would say, "Never, Never Quit!"
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
BecomeBetter
Egg

Post by BecomeBetter »

Thank you for the welcome BlueLiner, I want to be a Ranger because I have an obsession with the lifestyle they have of always holding themselves to a higher standard and never quitting no matter the difficulty of any given situation. I try to live by these ideals, so naturally I feel that earning my place among The Rangers would set me among my people.

I didn’t play sports in school. However I’ve been a practitioner of martial arts since I was 6, eventually finding my way into organized fighting. First, boxing and then MMA.
I do a lot of fighting related training even though I’m now out of the competition side and I’ve added a daily 5 mile run to my training to condition myself for what I’ve heard I should expect. I’d like to think my physical fitness is good but I’m always working toward better.
Finally, I’m hoping to enlist as a 68w with option 40. I love the infantry and I always thought id end up there but I’m a team player and I want to help my brothers if they should fall. My heart tells me that I should be the guy who picks up my fallen family and ensures they make it home.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

First off, I want you to read the FAQ at the top of the Future Soldiers forum, find the deficiency in your post and fix it from now on. (You owe the site 25 pushups and one for the Airborne Ranger In The Sky) Second, your first task is to start learning the Ranger Creed verbatim, and apply it to your daily life. The Ranger Regiment prides itself in the Army because of a mentality that was passed on from generations of Rangers to the next, which is the Ranger Creed. If you are looking to both physically and mentally challenge yourself, then going to RASP is a great opportunity.

I can't offer much insight into the Ranger Medic side of things, but I do know they are highly trained and VERY good at what they do. However, I would NOT discount looking into other MOS's that the Regiment is looking for right now because it is constantly evolving. If you do a quick search on Google (Google is your friend on this forum) you can find a plethora of skills that you probably didn't know are eligible for RASP, and who knows you might find something that speaks to you more. I also highly suggest you start reading through the "Letters From School" thread, as this can give you some more information about the pipeline, and how to prepare if you want to follow through with the Option 40 route. The "About RASP" thread is also a good one.

When you eventually talk to a recruiter, never settle for what you don't want. They work for you before you actually sign the dotted line. Keep us updated.

As a wise Ranger once said, "Never, Never Quit!"
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”