Ranger Creed Question.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

BlueEagle
Embryo

Ranger Creed Question.

Post by BlueEagle »

Hello everyone,

Just had a question in mind, are Non-Rangers allowed to memorize and recite the Rangers creed? i.e. Non-Ranger Soldiers/ROTC Cadets? even if they are not actual Rangers?

I ask this because I know the sacredness of this Creed among Rangers, and would not want to disrespect it. However, the creed is an embodiment of what it means to be better than oneself, to push yourself to be a even better person and soldier. It is an inspiration for non-Rangers, and a creed for Rangers to live by. So I want to know if reciting this as a non-Ranger would be an insult to it in itself. Of course changing the last sentence of the Ranger's Creed from "my Ranger Regiment" to "the Rangers" (I saw this variant online, for non-rangers. I just wanted to be extra sure).

Thank you all for your help, and I would like to apologize in advance if I overstepped in any manner.

BlueEagle.
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Ranger Creed Question.

Post by RangerX »

BlueEagle wrote:Hello everyone,

Just had a question in mind, are Non-Rangers allowed to memorize and recite the Rangers creed? i.e. Non-Ranger Soldiers/ROTC Cadets? even if they are not actual Rangers?

I ask this because I know the sacredness of this Creed among Rangers, and would not want to disrespect it. However, the creed is an embodiment of what it means to be better than oneself, to push yourself to be a even better person and soldier. It is an inspiration for non-Rangers, and a creed for Rangers to live by. So I want to know if reciting this as a non-Ranger would be an insult to it in itself. Of course changing the last sentence of the Ranger's Creed from "my Ranger Regiment" to "the Rangers" (I saw this variant online, for non-rangers. I just wanted to be extra sure).

Thank you all for your help, and I would like to apologize in advance if I overstepped in any manner.

BlueEagle.

The enlistees who go through RASP are all advised to learn the Ranger Creed prior to arriving at RASP. They aren't Rangers.

As long as you don't go around telling people you are a Ranger...

Now if you screw it all up while trying to recite it in a vain effort to impress your friends, THAT would be insulting.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Do you know who wrote it? When and why? That would be a good start for you, to not only try to live by it, but to understand why you're doing it and its history.

Do push ups.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
BlueEagle
Embryo

Post by BlueEagle »

It was written by CSM Neal R. Gentry on 1974, by order of General Creighton Abrams, to serve as a code and philosophy of the Rangers, as they were meant to set the Army standards as model elite soldiers.

I apologize for the late response. Thank you for emphasizing the history of the Ranger Creed and its importance, Ranger Cams.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You're on the right trail at least. Keep learning. Do push ups.

Since you mentioned him, what is Abrams Charter?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

BlueEagle
Embryo

Post by BlueEagle »

The Abrams Charter:
The Ranger Battalion is to be an elite, light and the most proficient infantry in the world. A Battalion that can do things with its hands and weapons better than anyone. The Battalion will contain no "hoodlums or brigands" and if the Battalion is formed from such persons it will be disbanded. Wherever the Battalion goes, it must be apparent that it is the best.

To have the Rangers set the standard for the Army and that Rangers who moved to Regular Army Units "influence" them to improve, in effect improving the entire Army. This was the concept that led to the formation of the 75th Ranger Regiment and 1st Battalion.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

It's good to know why things are and its background of, not just that they exist or are in place.

Learning the history gives it meaning and substance.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

BlueEagle
Embryo

Post by BlueEagle »

I fully agree. I never had thought of looking into the background of the Ranger's Creed, now it just makes it all the more meaningful.

Thank you for teaching me that, Ranger Cams.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

BlueEagle wrote:I fully agree. I never had thought of looking into the background of the Ranger's Creed, now it just makes it all the more meaningful.

Thank you for teaching me that, Ranger Cams.
The Ranger Creed. Do push ups. You're welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “The Mosh Pit”