Saudi Arabia may send SF to Syria

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Saudi Arabia may send SF to Syria

Post by Jim »

Saudi Arabia to consider special operations troops in Syria

http://sofrep.com/47399/saudi-arabia-to ... -in-syria/
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Saudi Arabia may send SF to Syria

Post by Jim »

'This is set to get worse': Saudi Arabia says it has made a 'final' decision to send troops into Syria

http://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-ar ... ?r=UK&IR=T
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I just looked up how big Syria is because I was curious- about 72,000 square miles.

That makes it smaller than South Dakota and would rank it about 17th in terms of the sizes of US states.

Take a country that small, add in massive US and Russian coalitions, Saudi and Iranian supported coalition forces, shake well and you have WW3 in the making. I said to some friends that the US seems to be sleepwalking towards WW3 last year, and they said I was paranoid.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Ronin
Triple Canopy

Post by Ronin »

IntelToad wrote:I just looked up how big Syria is because I was curious- about 72,000 square miles.

That makes it smaller than South Dakota and would rank it about 17th in terms of the sizes of US states.

Take a country that small, add in massive US and Russian coalitions, Saudi and Iranian supported coalition forces, shake well and you have WW3 in the making. I said to some friends that the US seems to be sleepwalking towards WW3 last year, and they said I was paranoid.
Sounds like a good time to me!!
RS Class 03-99
2/75
RRD
7th SFG(A)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IntelToad wrote:I just looked up how big Syria is because I was curious- about 72,000 square miles.
It doesn't matter. Iran would never fight Saudi Arabia on their own turf. Iraq or Syria, maybe but not in Saudi Arabia.

Iran is the primary area for Shia Muslims. Their holy land is in Iraq. Shia are the minority of Muslims.

Saudi Arabia is the holy land for the Sunni. Sunni are the overall majority of Muslims.

Both the Shia and Sunni rarely get along. Should the Shia nation of Iran invade Saudi Arabia (having first gone through the US allies of Iraq and Kuwait) the entire Sunni world would be at their doorstep demanding vengeance.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Saudi prince says offer of troops reflects unease over Syria

http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-prince-musl ... 32576.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jim wrote:
It doesn't matter. Iran would never fight Saudi Arabia on their own turf. Iraq or Syria, maybe but not in Saudi Arabia.

Iran is the primary area for Shia Muslims. Their holy land is in Iraq. Shia are the minority of Muslims.

Saudi Arabia is the holy land for the Sunni. Sunni are the overall majority of Muslims.

Both the Shia and Sunni rarely get along. Should the Shia nation of Iran invade Saudi Arabia (having first gone through the US allies of Iraq and Kuwait) the entire Sunni world would be at their doorstep demanding vengeance.
Jim, knowing how familiar you are with the Saudi nation and that area, what do you think of the Iranians using and possibly sending in *Hezbollah as opposed to their own troops (*which is basically Irans "BlackWater" group) and using them to start all hell, while still trying to disavow any knowledge of it until such time that their nukes are ready to deploy?

I believe that Hezbollah is right now in and across the US and Mexico and working hand in hand with the cartels for training, weapons, Spanish language training as well in case they get caught, they're trying to play off as being Mexican nationals and even sniper training (shown by the types of weapons seized on the border in Mexico with numerous Barrett .50 Cals seized-Hezbollah is now an actual small and well trained army as opposed to the ragtag terrorist group it used to be) using ZITA and other cartels to get them across the US border. Strange bedfellows obviously and working on "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jim, knowing how familiar you are with the Saudi nation and that area, what do you think of the Iranians using and possibly sending in *Hezbollah as opposed to their own troops (*which is basically Irans "BlackWater" group) and using them to start all hell, while still trying to disavow any knowledge of it until such time that their nukes are ready to deploy?

I believe that Hezbollah is right now in and across the US and Mexico and working hand in hand with the cartels for training, weapons, Spanish language training as well in case they get caught, they're trying to play off as being Mexican nationals and even sniper training (shown by the types of weapons seized on the border in Mexico with numerous Barrett .50 Cals seized-Hezbollah is now an actual small and well trained army as opposed to the ragtag terrorist group it used to be) using ZITA and other cartels to get them across the US border. Strange bedfellows obviously and working on "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory.
Jeff, I agree with you. The American public has yet to come to grips with the Islamic threat. We can see the lawlessness that has sprung up in Europe as a result of the flood of "refugees," over the past few months. I see it emerging here in the US.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The Saudis are 'drawing lines in the sand' — and showing they are serious about confronting Iran

http://www.businessinsider.com/biggest- ... ama-2016-2
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71