Introduction - Burn44

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Burn44
Egg

Introduction - Burn44

Post by Burn44 »

Rangers, veterans, family members and friends, warmest of greetings.

First, I would like to thank all of you who are currently and or have served our country. I have been on this forum as a visitor for almost 2 months now, reading and soaking up as much information as possible.

Secondly, About me, my name is Jake, I am 27 years old and currently looking forward to joining the ranks of those who have served our country. I have a few family members that have served our country and the have my utmost respect, as do you all. I've lived and currently still live life fast and furious. As previously stated I am 27 years old and I've been to college, been married, been divorced, have had two children, was a firefighter paramedic for a large city in Texas, et cetera, et cetera. Currently,I live in Missouri where I work as a construction manager and attempt to be the best father I can be. Being in the army has always been a goal of mine. I am very passionate about helping others and putting others before self. I very much enjoyed my time as a firefighter/paramedic. With that being said, I want to pursue 68W mos. It's what I know, what I love and the way I feel I can be an asset to the army and my comrades. I am excited and eager to learn how things are done in the army and how they contrast to ems on the civilian side. I am sure there is still a lot to learn.

Now, on to why I haven't mentioned my aspirations of becoming a Ranger. To be completely honest, I am extremely ashamed with how far i have fallen out of shape. Being physically fit has been a passion of mine and no excuse is warranted for falling out of shape. My APFT is as follows:

PU:42
SU:48
2-Mile:18:00

Again, it pains me to post this and frankly, it's embarrassing. Currently I am 6'0 230 pounds. I work hard and I most certainly will never, never quit. I can't quit. I take pride in my ability to put everything I have into my target in front of me and completing my mission or perish. Men, my plan as of right now is to enlist as a 68W with hopes to EARN an invitation to RASP out of BCT. I could not fathom taking an option 40 spot from a more worthy aspiring soldier. I want to EARN my place in the 75th Ranger Regiment because I feel my lack of preparation up until this point has been unbecoming. I have my target set on being worthy to drop a packet and I will stop at nothing to obtain my goal. I plan on giving one hundred percent and then some because that's what is expected of me. Nothing less. I can get there, I will get there. I aspire to join the 75th Ranger Regiment because I want to be a part of something bigger than myself. I want to be a part the best and surround myself with like-minded individuals.

I have contacted a recruiter Wednesday 20151118 and have started my paperwork. I feel like I could wait and give myself time to get in shape but this is the first time I have had a desk job and it eats away at my soul. I feel like i have no purpose there and no goal other than to make the rich richer. I plan on giving everything I've got to get into proper shape before i ship and then some during BCT to earn my place.

Lastly, Rangers, thank you for your time and any future advise you may have for me. I already appreciate it.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction - Burn44

Post by cams »

Welcome. The first step in eliminating the threat is identifying it first (your PT scores), which you have done. Now track it, fix it, and take it on.

You'll need to run and push the earth until you're puking, and that's no exaggeration.

Good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Burn44
Egg

Post by Burn44 »

Roger Ranger cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Burn44 . . . Listen & heed Ranger Cams words.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Welcome, first I am going to give you a bit of advice. If you really want to be a Ranger Medic then you fight for a 68W opt 40. If that is truly in your heart and you genuinely feel that way, and you are willing to make the sacrifices that come with it, then no one deserves an Opt 40 above you. Be aware as I wrote to others it is the longest path into Ranger Regiment. And now you are typically serving for 5 years. Once you complete SOCM (about 2 years form the start of basic) you have to resign a contract for an additional 36 months. That is required or you do not go to SOCM. This way you are aware of the requirements. Second, just because you can earn a spot at Basic or AIT doesn't mean you will get one. I wrote once before that in my Basic class no one got an airborne contract and they certainly had the ability too. They were simply not handing any out. At AIT they handed out about 5 airborne spots and no RASP slots. Again not for guys with lack of performance but just because they didn't hand them out. There were a few I would have been glad to serve alongside too. However, if this is what you really want then you don't leave things to chance, you go out and you set yourself up for success.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Burn44
Egg

Post by Burn44 »

Roger Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV.

Ranger Grim666, I will heed your words and will be talking with my recruiter about opt40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site. Great advice from Ranger Grim666, remember this is your life you're talking about. Option 40 or nothing, make sure your recruiter knows this. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangerjd wrote:Welcome to the site. Great advice from Ranger Grim666, remember this is your life you're talking about. Option 40 or nothing, make sure your recruiter knows this. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
I certainly agree with everything you have been told. To your recruiter, you represent a quota for the month. For you, this is your future. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”