SITREP - iFortitude

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
iFortitude
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP - iFortitude

Post by iFortitude »

I'm leaving to go to the Hotel right now. Tomorrow I'm shipping to Fort Benning, GA. Once I get access to a computer (During Exodus/December), I'll update you all on my progress. I appreciate all of the information and tasks that this site has given me and so many others. Now I've just got a few things to do to complete my goal of being an Army Ranger!
11X Option 40
Ship Date: 20150929

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - iFortitude

Post by Steadfast »

iFortitude wrote:I'm leaving to go to the Hotel right now. Tomorrow I'm shipping to Fort Benning, GA. Once I get access to a computer (During Exodus/December), I'll update you all on my progress. We're counting on you to give us sitreps.

I appreciate all of the information and tasks that this site has given me and so many others. Now I've just got a few things to do to complete my goal of being an Army Ranger! Like giving us more sitreps.
Stay clean, avoid those who would get you into trouble, keep up your pt on your own.
Most of all, never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Christian, you have come a long way in only two months. Very impressive. I expect you to succeed. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
iFortitude
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by iFortitude »

Hello Rangers,

I realize I haven't posted in a long time. Due to me feeling the only important part of my training is my time at RASP and entering the Ranger Regiment.

I decided to post though to keep everyone up to date on my process and the current army.

I'm currently in Airborne Hold and will hopefully go to Airborne School next week. I've been waititing 2 weeks so far. Paperwork gets messed up a lot and its really backed up, but with all this time there's no excuse to not score high on a PT test and know the Rangers Creed.

So far shitbags are plentiful and there are even more quitters. Most people here have already admitted to dropping their opt40 after Airborne School. That's neither here nor there though, just be disciplined, focus on the 10 meter target, and don't make excuses.

Other than that I have a shit PT score of 297 which I'm making sure to fill the gap of 3 points and then some. I'm studying my Ranger Handbook and my Army Ranger in the Sky, Sgt. Patrick Hawkins. Other than that I'm patiently waiting for RASP.
11X Option 40

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great Sitrep, stay focused on your goal.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, you should be about ready to jump of a perfectly serviceable aircraft that could land. How is it going? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
iFortitude
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by iFortitude »

Ranger Jim,

I just graduated from Charlie Company with 5 successful jumps.

Looking back on being a dirty stinking leg jumping is fun and nothing to fear. Just trust your training and equipment most of all. Especially your reserve, because that thing is by far your biggest confidence builder.

Even during graduation at the DZ, a trainee made their final mass exit jump and got really bad tangles in his suspension lines and was dropping faster than everyone else and quickly pulled his reserve.

And two other people diagnol slipped away from each other only being seconds from high fiving each other.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun, and keep your feet and knees together and look at the horizon when preparing to land.

Other than that, landing can be soft but is usually solid. I only had one jump I felt some pain, but usually it's just a solid landing, while my first jump had great winds and I landed like a feather.

It's similar to the swing that you train in falling in, but instead if gravel it's trees, water, mud, or solid ground and isn't as rough.

But now that that phase is over with, next is prerasp. I'll be there on Tuesday and it looks like I'll be staying for 1 - 2 months, which I'm fine with, gives me plenty of time to PT more and study the rangers handbook.

P.S. Shaking shoots isn't as bad as the Cadre make it seem, and C CO is the best company.
11X Option 40

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The fact that you are able to post a reply indicates the successfulness of your jumps. 8)

Keep your eyes on the objective, and NEVER QUIT.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
iFortitude
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by iFortitude »

Roger RangerX,

So far there have been many people contemplating quitting before we've even begun prerasp and two have quit. And many more people I know alone have quit along the way.

Right now there are over 300 soldiers waiting for a chance to class up for RASP which means I'll be here waiting for a while, but it also means they're looking to get people out.

Just yesterday some friends of mine that just arrived at PreRasp said that 26 people just got dropped for having water bottles and candy wrappers in their lockers. And that they're extremely specific and strict with orders, so you're better off doing what they say and how they say exactly, and never assume.

Other than that I'm currently preparing for RASP by storing excess items at Commandos and buying things off the packing list. I'll continue to keep you Rangers updated on my progress and you future soldiers or soldiers only a step or two behind so hopefully you can be better prepared mentally and physically.
11X Option 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Christian, you are seeing what the impact of "attention to detail" is all about. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
iFortitude
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by iFortitude »

Rangers,

I'm currently in Pre-RASP and likely to class up on April 24th. Pre-RASP is TOO EASY! People reading this that will be here soon... Do what you're suppose to do and you'll be way ahead of the game here and keep your head down if you're Infantry. The Regiment doesn't need Infantryman (but they need good Rangers) so if you mess up you will lose your Option 40. It's too simple though, stay off your phone during duty hours, shave, lock your lockers, don't have contraband, study, PT, and don't be a shitbag!

If you do that you'll be fine and people love to complain about it being "boring", but don't get complacent and do something stupid with all this free time and enjoy it while you have it because the Regiment will have us plenty busy. Other than that prepare to score high on the RFT and don't fucking quit, the regular army has nothing you want.
11X Option 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Sometimes I think pre-RASP exists to eliminate soldiers who lack the internal fortitude to survive in the Ranger Regiment. Stay focused and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

It is indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Christian, what's going on? You have not been on the site for more than a week. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
iFortitude
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by iFortitude »

Ranger Jim,

Sorry for not updating you all on my progress, I didn't have anything to update until now. So, we just had an inspection but wasn't that thorough so only 6 people were dropped. Some of them were Week 8 recycles and at Pre-RASP for months.

Other than that we have a PT test with a lousy 60% on Tuesday and a packing list layout on Wednesday and I just spent about $300 on the packing list. I took over a CQ shift for a guy so he can see his kid. Other than that I'm looking to class up on the 25th and I can HARDLY WAIT to get fucking smoked. I'm also a PV2 now, but I'm too cheap to buy the rank so I'm just cutting off my fuzzy patch.
11X Option 40

Return to “Letters from School”