Introduction - Thomas

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Thomas

Post by Jim »

yojink wrote:Hey everyone,

My names Thomas, and I'm a high school senior. I've come to this website seeking possible advice and wisdom as a continue through to the next chapter in my life. Becoming a Ranger has always been in the back of my mind, but now as I'm quickly becoming an adult, I realize now is the opportunity to make that dream a reality. I've observed this forum for quite some time, but I now have questions that I haven't seen on here or in any of the research I've done. Anyways, looking forward to learning from all of the Rangers on here!
Welcome Thomas, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Within the next 72 hours, please self-administer a PT test (to include pull-ups) and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Thomas, Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here yojink.
I've sent you a PM (Private Message) and awaiting for your response.

Edited 1357: yojink responded, AOKAY.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

yojink wrote:Roger Ranger Jim,

A little bit about myself... I'm a high school senior who's very active in sports academics. I've always been surrounded by people in the military, a factor that's influenced my decision to join the Army. I'm looking at enlisting or following the officer route via ROTC/USMA. But on the topic of a physical assessment, would results from an APFT be enough? I've already done that test for a ROTC application.
If the score is recent (within the past week or so) it is acceptable. Please give more details on what it is you seek.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of yojink wrote:Ranger Jim,

Help on getting into the 75th. You guys have been there, and done that, and there's no better source of advice or information. I just want to learn from the Rangers on here. Hope that's what you meant...
Do not refer to us as (underlined above) "you guys", anything but Ranger(s) gets many pissed off.

I searched your query, got 305 pages - looking 1st few search needs researching question needs to be reformed. Alternate suggestion go to RASP FORUM - read, read & read some more for your answer.

Washed out - navy terminology.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

yojink wrote:This response is not meant to be a retaliation. I realize that you sacrifice your time to help noobs out like me. But respect is a two way street.
You are our guest. I can see & understand you haven't read our FAQs & stickies above each & every forum you enter. We generally have one of our DEP's, or DIC (DEP IN CHARGE) PM you how to do proper protocol and proper speaking with our Rangers.
All posts and Pm 's are to be prefaced (Which you did not bother to do). Is 1st say Ranger or Rangers, anything less is you pissing on our floor sucking your thumb, saying, you guys. We are not your buddy, a teacher of yours, a friday nite underage drinker buddy of yours - this site is our house where behind the public curtain we gather. We are or have been US ARMY RANGERS, all in the 75th Inf or present day 75th Ranger Regiment. You are a guest in our home, remind yourself why you came here. You don't like our rules - there's the door.
I'll make your question easier because you already know the answer.

Meet the standards or fail. Next say it the nice way VW voluntary withdrawal where as you go anywhere in the world army sends you (for failing) most go to South Korea bye bye. We call it QUITING. Do any reading in RASP Forum? Ranger Jim says it 10,000 times, never, never quit. Idiots fail p. T. Tests- flunk out. Start saying Cadre had it out for me - already fucking excuses. Do the excercises, pass the tests - only strong alpha males survive and drive on to become Rangers. You got it in you kid, talk, listen to the Rangers -do as they say and 2 things, 1) do your pt, 2) never, never allow the word quit pass your lips or enter your mind.
I'll be leaving now - you have the necessary answers, say: Roger Ranger and move out.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Tread carefully young man. You're already bordering on being a thin skinned pussy and you're going to start telling Ranger Steadfast how it's going to be? I don't think so.

Get your shit together quickly or you'll be gone within the week.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

yojink wrote:Roger Ranger Steadfast. Roger Ranger cams.
This should have been your response. No explanation is necessary.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”