SITREP Mike

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Coqui
Embryo

SITREP Mike

Post by Coqui »

Rangers, we were given an APFT test here in Pre RASP last week scores my scores were

77 PU
83 SU
12:45 Run
17 Pull ups

Also came in at
5'6 161

Finally got my first 300. Which all in all was cool I guess , but I was still disappointed with my run. Definitely should've ran more over the past month. Nothing else to update on just waiting for RASP to begin and studying Ranger History. That's all for now Rangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP Mike

Post by Jim »

How about a SITREP? You should be well into RASP.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Coqui
Embryo

Post by Coqui »

Rangers ,
I've made it through the first phase of RASP it flew by pretty quick to be honest. Cole Range was insane I've never felt that miserable in my life. The thing I couldn't believe was just that people you would never expect to just straight get up and vdub. Or coming back from the wood line and realizing there are less of you in the formation all of a sudden. The funniest thing was when we all thought it couldn't get any worse... That freak lightning storm came in during the last land nav iteration and just destroyed us. Ridiculous amount of rain and lightning. AS I was walking I would just see people scattered in the prone by trees. I figured if it was serious they would call it off so I just kept on walking thinking to myself how pissed off I'd be if I got struck by lightning. Turns out they did call it off. But with the rain and lightning you couldn't see or hear the flares so they ran and drove around picking people up or telling everyone to run back to Cole Range. That was a hell of a night. We lost a member of the site due to peers and DreR is still going strong.

As far as the rest of the course the heat was and continues to be a killer. The first week an ambulance picked someone up everyday except for Friday because of heat injuries. Third week we did RFR which was really cool I learned a lot , it was a lot more information then what we learned about TCCC during Basic. Then last week we got some shooting in. The Cadre are very good at what they do. I was struggling with the M9 my groupings were terrible for the first two iterations then with some help from a Cadre my grouping finally for the most part centered itself in between the X and 9. Im hoping I learn everything as quickly as possible as I progress through the course. That's all I have Rangers I will post again either next week or the week after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Looking forward to your continued success. Thanks for looking out for DreR. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”