Introduction - Adam

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

salvador209
Embryo

Introduction - Adam

Post by salvador209 »

Greetings.

My name is Adam, 19 years old, and I am currently in AIT at Fort Gordon in the 25C Course. I enlisted and left for BCT at Fort Jackson last October, and ended up as the Honor Graduate of the Cycle. I also enlisted with Option 40, and should be going to Airborne/RASP within the next few months. I'm currently top of my class, and just waiting on orders. I'm looking forward to the experience ahead of me, both in RASP and in the Army overall, and I will endeavor to do my very best and then some.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction - Adam

Post by cams »

Welcome. How did you find us?

There is a LOT of great info here posted all over that will help out with just about any questions you may have. Sounds like you're driving full speed through your training, good on you. Long way to go though young man, just keep your nose clean and keep pushing forward.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
salvador209
Embryo

Post by salvador209 »

Ranger Jim,

I come from Northern central California. In high school I was heavily involved in the Army JROTC program and learned a lot from our LTC and Drill Sergeant about the military, how to lead, hide and motivate others, planning, WARNOs, OPORDs, etc. I was a 4.0 GPA for a couple times. And all that knowledge I take to the Army with me. And so far it's all worked very well in my favor.

Other than all that, I'm a very loud and motivated person. I enjoy doing what I do day by day. To me, this isn't just a job. It's an honor, commitment, and lifestyle; and being right out of high school, I feel I'm on the right track as opposed to quite a few I know who made some very different decisions. I like to draw and I have been involved in independent video game development, animation and graphic arts.

But my true passion is people. I'm here to serve, and I only want to help contribute to making the world a better place. I'm good at making people smile. But at the same time, I'm here to make sure people are taken care of. And that's why I joined the Army. So as long as I remember why I am here, I believe anything could happen.

cams,

I found this site mainly through Google searches about RASP, what to expect, and any advice or stories. And I figured why not get involved. And thank you.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Adam, sound like you're doing quite well so far. What are your APFT scores. Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
salvador209
Embryo

Post by salvador209 »

My last known APFT scores:

Pushups: 43
Situps: 78
2 mi. : 14:50

I've been doing a lot to try and improve my pushups and the 2 mile run. I should be taking another PT test soon and I'll go ahead and post the results of that one too when it happens.
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

You got honor grad with 43 pushups?!
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

gRavepc wrote:You got honor grad with 43 pushups?!
Sign of the times. Everybody else whipped out a stress card and called their Congressman after 32 reps.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cams wrote:
gRavepc wrote:You got honor grad with 43 pushups?!
Sign of the times. Everybody else whipped out a stress card and called their Congressman after 32 reps.
Sadly, Jeff, I think you may be right.

Welcome Adam, please add pull-ups to your exercise routine.

Adam, as you have not completed AIT, I moved your intro to the future soldiers thread. Until you complete AIT you are not considered a soldier on this site.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”