SITREP - Navid (CarbonLife4010)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP - Navid (CarbonLife4010)

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Rangers and fellow mentees,

I decided to start my Letters from School thread a little earlier than conventional. As many of you know, I'm a 94F OPT 40 and I am shipping out to Ft. Jackson in 25 days on December 29th, 2014. I wish to provide other current and future POGs along with other mentees thorough updates every inch of the way. I know it's hard to find a lot of information as a combat support MOS trying to get into the 75th Regiment and I hope my updates will help bridge that gap a little bit. To start off, I want to thank all the Rangers on this site for guiding us mentees and believing in us. Thank you, Rangers for all the information you have provided me along the way.

Here is a brief breakdown of my path as a Ranger candidate:
1. Basic Combat Training (Fort Jackson, SC), 10-weeks, - December 29th, 2014
2. Advanced Individual Training (Fort Gordon, GA), 17 weeks
3. Airborne School (Fort Benning, GA), 2.4 weeks,
4. Pre-RASP ? (no confirmed date or assignment yet)
5. RASP (no confirmed date or assignment yet)

That's as far as I know, I will update as things change and more information becomes available. Here is my most current APFT numbers:
Push-ups : 73
Sit-ups: 60
2-mile run: 11:47
Pull-ups: 13
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130 lbs.

Currently, I'm making my final preparations for the long journey ahead. Spending time with my family and getting my finances situated for when I'll be gone and getting in as much PT as my body can handle while eating heavily. Will post another update closer to the ship date.

Never going to quit,
Navid
94F OPT. 40
Ship Date: 20141230

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SITREP - Navid (CarbonLife4010)

Post by cams »

This is the Letters from School Forum, not letters from home. Beat your face.

Good initiative, poor time management.

Learn to manage the two and control your excitement and emotion. Clear and controlled thinking. Clear and controlled mind. Good decision making will hopefully follow as you mature and get some dirt in your mouth. Time will tell.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Roger, Ranger Cams, understood.
94F OPT. 40

carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

I am going to the hotel on Monday afternoon and shipping out on Tuesday (December 30th)!! I also had my security clearance interview a few days ago, I hope everything pulls through, I'm good to go and beyond ready to endure and conquer this challenge.
For Pride and Country, Rangers Lead the Way!! I will never quit. Period.
94F OPT. 40

Mr Weiss
Embryo

Post by Mr Weiss »

Khosh behalet, Navid!
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Austin, I see your farsi immersion course was pretty effective! I recommend you study the other neighboring dialects in the region as well, it will prove useful in your future career.

Rangers,

Here is my profile and most recent APFT results prior to shipping on Tuesday:

24 years old
Height : 5'5"
weight : 133 lbs

Push-ups : 82
sit-ups: 64
Pull-ups : 16 (all the way down, chin above the bar)
2 Mile Run : 10:43
5 Mile Run: 28:13

I still have an ankle injury from a previous run and hasn't recovered yet. Today will be my last day of PT until I ship in order to prevent further damage. I need to improve my sit-ups to reach at least 80, I plan to do that by performing various core exercises to strengthen other core muscles that I've previously neglected, such as my internal abdominal obliques. I've sketched out an improvement plan during basic and AIT that will help improve my numbers. Any advice will also be appreciated Rangers.
94F OPT. 40

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You two fags have better things to get done than sitting around here bullshitting with each other.

Situational awareness. Fail. Do push ups drones.

You're both going to quit because you're weak minded little simpletons. Prove me wrong ladies.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Roger, Ranger Cams. With pleasure, I don't know how to quit.
94F OPT. 40

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

carbonlife4010 wrote:Roger, Ranger Cams. With pleasure, I don't know how to quit.
Oh we shall see young man. You have no idea what's waiting for you. And beat your goddamn face again for being a fresh prick.

You've been around long enough to know that a simple "Roger Ranger _____" is the correct response when being spot checked.

The required response is not to feed our ego, this is for your sake, and you'll understand that very soon.

Don't respond to me.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

carbonlife4010 wrote:I am going to the hotel on Monday afternoon and shipping out on Tuesday (December 30th)!! I also had my security clearance interview a few days ago, I hope everything pulls through, I'm good to go and beyond ready to endure and conquer this challenge.
For Pride and Country, Rangers Lead the Way!! I will never quit. Period.
We expect you to succeed. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Rangers,
Here's a quick update from basic training. I graduate this Thursday from Fort Jackson and I'm off to AIT at Gordon for the next 18 weeks. Basic training is not what I expected, maybe it's because I'm at Jackson... Way too easy.. PT was a complete joke, if people didn't do pt on their own time, they would definitely fail the APFT. I've adjusted to the military life quickly and have adapted accordingly. Only 3 option 40's here in my company. One of them is quitting his contract before or after airborne... Already! Basic was a complete joke for me here. We barely learned any battle drills so I've been reading my soldiers manual and teaching myself.

I did more pt at home than I did here which is really sad but I scored a perfect 300+ on my final APFT. Apparently, my BCT battalion is a new one and we're the first cycle of a new Army experimental program that trains based on a "reduced stress" environment.

Keeping my head in the game and driving on. To the other mentees, make sure this is the life you want. Army isn't about being cool, this is serious. It's a lifestyle that will question your reasoning for enlisting. So many people come and quit because of the culture shock. And mine was the easy one... Don't come here to waste a contract. Do as you're told, follow orders regardless of who they come from if they have authority over you. There's A LOT of shitheads at bct, they're probably the hardest part of the whole experience. That's it for now, will continue to update as I go.
94F OPT. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. Keep pushing and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Roger Ranger Jim
94F OPT. 40

rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Good SITREP, remember keep your eyes on the 50 meter target. Focus on the task at hand, but never forget the final goal. PT hard every chance you get. Give everything you've got every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Roger Ranger Rangerjd.

I've graduated from Basic Training officially and arrived to AIT. The Army allowed me to travel via POV (personal operated vehicle) to get to AIT with my parents right after the graduation ceremony. I was able to get a weekend pass as soon as I reported to AIT this past Friday to spend time with my family...i have to say, it felt really weird being around civilians that first day. So far, AIT is super relaxed. Once again, many people lack discipline here too. Completely different environment than Basic so be prepared for the transition. I'm able to keep my phone and laptop along with all my personal stuff from day one. I'm here for another 18 weeks and still waiting for my damm security clearance to pull through. That's all for now.
94F OPT. 40

Return to “Letters from School”