SITREP - John

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Ethos
Embryo

SITREP - John

Post by Ethos »

Rangers,

I have just completed my freshman year of college. As a contracting ROTC Cadet and future SMP soldier it is vitally important that I sustain a high GPA in order to place high on the ROTC Order of Merit List (OML). Consequently, I have directed my focus to my studies and although grades have not yet been officially posted it looks like I will be finishing the year with a 4.0 GPA.

The past year as an MS1 Cadet I have exceeded the standards of the ROTC program and have continually excelled. I have been working hard to learn and master battle drills, land navigation, drill and ceremony, and other basic military skills. I will continue to work towards being the best Cadet I can be and strive to be in the top 10% of the OML so to insure that I branch Infantry upon commissioning.

I will be shipping for OSUT on the 19th of this month. I am excited for the extra opportunity to get training outside of ROTC. Though I am not on a direct course to becoming a Ranger I know my short time in the Guard will be beneficial to my journey of becoming an Active Duty Infantry officer. Also, I understand that with my current PT score there is a possibility BAC will be offered to me upon graduation from OSUT. As tempting as this may be I feel missing a semester of school is not worth going to a course I will have an opportunity to attend in the future.

I will be administering and posting an updated PT score within the next week. This one is nearly 2 weeks old.

PT Score:
Push-ups - 84
Sit-ups - 86
2 mile run - 12:42
Pull-ups - 16

Lastly, I have been enjoying my summer and am looking forward to seeing my family in a few days. I will have a very limited time with them as I am shipping in just 9 days and will be back in school immediately after graduation. Thanks again for this site and the invaluable information it provides. I will continue to post as long as I am welcome. I do aspire to some day become a Ranger, yet will concentrate my focus on the 25m target until I get that opportunity.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - John

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Take advantage of your opportunity to participate in the SMP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ethos
Embryo

Re: SITREP - John

Post by Ethos »

Rangers,

I will be leaving for OSUT in 3 days and wanted to post an updated APFT score before I depart.

PT Score:
Push-ups - 88
Sit-ups - 88
2 mile run - 13:28
Pull-ups - 21

Good improvements on everything but the run time. No excuses.

I will be sure to report back in a few months upon completion of training.

Return to “Letters from School”