Moral of the story

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Moral of the story

Post by Steadfast »

Had this written down at home, not aware of where I got it from. Did a brief search & nothing came up.

The teacher gave her 5th grade class an assignment:
Get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.
The next day the kids came back & one by one began telling their stories.

Kathy said, "My father's a farmer & we have a lot of egg-laying hens. One time we were taking our eggs to market in a basket on the front seat of the pick-up when we hit a bump in the road & all the eggs went flying and made a mess."

"And what's the moral of the story?" asked the teacher.

Kathy said, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."

"Very good Kathy" said the teacher. "Now Lucy."

Lucy said, "Our family are farmers too. But we raise chickens for the meat market. We had a dozen eggs one time, but when they hatched we only got 10 live chicks. The moral to this story is, don't count your chicken until they are hatched."

"That was a fine story Lucy", said the teacher. ""Johnny, if you have a story you are next."

"Yes Ma'am. My Daddy told me this story of Uncle Bob. Uncle Bob was a pilot in Vietnam & his plane got hit. He had to bail out over enemy territory & all he had was a bottle of whiskey, a machine gun & a machete. He drank the whiskey on the way down so the bottle wouldn't break and then he landed in the middle of 100 enemy troops. He killed 70 of them with the machine gun until he ran out of ammo. He killed 20 more with the machete until the blade broke & then he killed the last 10 with his bear hands."

"Good heavens" said the teacher. "What kind of moral did your daddy tell you from that horrible story?"

Johnny said, "Don't fuck with Uncle Bob when he's been drinking!"
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Moral of the story

Post by Jim »