Evan Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ares
Egg

Evan Introduction

Post by Ares »

Hey guys, name is Evan and I am a 68W Combat Medic with BIG plans for my life in the Army.

Eagerly walked into recruiters office the day after my eighteenth birthday back in 2010, basic at Benning and so on. I am currently drudging through a Reserve contract, but that is so I can finish up school and get my Exercise Physiology degree. Once that diploma is in hand I can pick the pace up finally on what i intend to be a lengthy and enjoyable career.

I am an ROTC cadet at my college as well, that being said, no I do not fall under that stereotype everyone thinks of when they hear "cadet". I don't mean that to sound boastful, it is more shining some light on the group of guys I have surrounded myself with in the program. We are workin on some big things for my Battalion and it is really comin together nicely. However that is off in the weeds and not in the scope of this post.

I have every intention of going to Ranger school as soon as I can once I get to Active status. I do P90x2, Insanity: Asylum and hit the gym plenty in order to stay at the level I need to be at. Went to college for track/cross country, have a ton of running workouts and experience so if you have questions about running I can help out.

I stumbled upon this site while researching boots and saw how much raw knowledge is on here and joined immediately. I am hopin I can soak up as much as I can and any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also any training tips for getting soldiers jus dominant at loadbearing (such as ruckin) or jus increasing your groups fitness level overall in ways that can be broken down and zeroed in on specific tasks that you guys feel would be beneficial to be proficient at for any soldier would be great.

Thank you guys for your time, I hope to learn a great deal from this site and its cumulative knowledge.
"Scientia ac Labore"

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Evan Introduction

Post by Jim »

Evan, you appear to be a very intense young man. Please read all the FAQs, stickies and select threads. There is a lot of good information available on this site.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Re: Evan Introduction

Post by garyedolan »

Jim wrote:There is a lot of good information available on this site.
Welcome Youngster. As indicated, there is a tremendous welath of info on this site for your perusal with most questions you might have being already answered. Good to have BIG plans, but be flexible and do your best with every opportunity before you.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Evan Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Evan . . theres a lot of good info here.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Introduction Archive”