a

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Morris0352
Ranger

a

Post by Morris0352 »

a
Last edited by Morris0352 on May 13th, 2010, 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

Don't worry too much about how RIP is now or was in the back in the day stories. I can guarantee you will still get your ass smoked. I personally think having a weekend off is a good test to see how many wannabees will fuck up and ruin their chances of being a Ranger. I was at the RIP detachment for two years and I cannot count how many Rippies screwed up when given enough rope to hang themselves. Remember, being a Ranger is alot more than how much pushups, situps, roadmarching, and running you can do.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Looon
Ranger

WEEKENDS OFF(WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP)

Post by Looon »

MORRIS,

QUIT NOW AND DON'T ATTEMPT TO JOIN THE RANGERS!
IF YOU ARE ALREADY WONDERING ABOUT WEEKENDS, YOUR THINKING ABOUT GOING SOMEPLACE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE. AND NO ONE ELSE WILL WANT YOU THERE EITHER.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

a
Last edited by Morris0352 on May 13th, 2010, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Or, you could approach this issue from a different angle. Use the weekends to do PT beyond whatever standards are used during the week. I used this approach before and after Ranger School and it worked well. Unless you are married, make good use of the weekends to get in better shape so you can max-out all physical challenges. There will always be weekend later on for getting wasted.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I'm sure we probably had some time off in RIP, but the only time I remember leaving the AO was when three of us caught a cab and went across town to an Italian restaurant the night before a roadmarch. We loaded up on pasta for some quick energy, but had no alcohol.

Aside from that, I don't recall leaving (probably because I had no vehicle). I do remember doing extra PT on my own, as Ranger Mindriot has suggested.

I think it would be wise to remain focused on why you are there. Think about it....is it worth getting booted and ending up in some Leg unit in Korea, eating kimchee and fish heads, all for one drunk night on the town in RIP? That's really all it takes. Go get smashed and fall out on a run or roadmarch...bye bye.

You are in RIP to get prepared for Battalion life. Bat life is a HARD fucking life...period. If you end up there without learning the necessary skills, you will get yourself or someone in your squad killed. There is no room for error.

RIP is not a fraternity party. Save all your celebrating and dancing naked for that time between your RIP Graduation and your Reporting Date at Battalion.

*Note: Morris, you may not have even been suggesting that you'd like to party on weekends....I'm just throwing this out there for all of you who are headed that way.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

a
Last edited by Morris0352 on May 13th, 2010, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

Morris0352:
Airborne School you will have plenty of time at night to do PT. OSUT you will not be able to do extra PT. I'm assuming that you are infantry. Don't fall for the trap to go out every night to VD (Victory Drive) and look at naked women. You will have plenty of time to do that later. As I have stated before in other forums keep your head straight. There are plenty of PT studs that cannot last five minutes in a Ranger Batt. Be ready to have your mind put to test as much or more than your body.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

a
Last edited by Morris0352 on May 13th, 2010, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “About RASP”