Shoulder separation

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jscrilla187
Egg

Shoulder separation

Post by Jscrilla187 »

Hello,

I have a separated shoulder an was wondering if anyone knew if it would disqualify me from airborne / ranger school? It doesn't hurt not does it restrict/limit my motion in my left arm. But a bone does poke out of my shoulder about a inch or 2. I just want to figure out if in still eligible because recruiters have told me before not to mention it until I'm in ranger school or I'd be disqualified. I personally don't believe half the shit these recruiters tell me but If someone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jusuf
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Shoulder separation

Post by Steadfast »

I moved your post from Recruitment to intro since your 1st post is supposed to be an intro - haven't you bothered to read our FAQ's? You would have read that and known.

So do us a favor and give us a proper intro by telling us your age and a few lines about who you are & your aspirations.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jscrilla187
Egg

Post by Jscrilla187 »

Hello everyone my names Jusuf, I'm 23 from Chicago, IL. I am a motivated young man who has been wanting to enter the service for quite some time. I want nothing but to be surrounded by some of the best in the world, RANGER is what I want to be. Sorry for not doing a proper introduction the first time.

Now, would anyone happen to know if a shoulder separation will disqualify me from attending ranger school? Like I said there's no pain, a bone sticks out about 1-2 inches and there is no restriction of motion on my left arm/shoulder. This is basically the only thing that's holding me back, I don't want to sign and be stuck without being able to do airborne and ranger school.
Thanks in advance,
Jusuf
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

This was over 20 years ago, so take the following with a grain of salt.

I dislocated my shoulder 18 months before I started Basic/AIT. I did the physical therapy, and when I went to MEPS I told them about it. Their primary concern was that I was able to pass the Airborne physical. If you can get through that, then Ranger School shouldn't be a problem, provided you can pass.

Some things to think about..... How long ago did this happen? Have you EVER had a recurrence?

This was what I was asked in MEPS.

I have never had a single problem with that shoulder since then. My knees and ankles on the other hand......
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Introduction Archive”