Who makes certain policies in the Army?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Who makes certain policies in the Army?

Post by hobbit »

What were the circumstances of his injury?
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

TC204 wrote:It's come to my attention that the son of a friend of mine was injured two months before reaching 20 years and they're trying to force him out with no retirement! He did three tours in Iraq and his injury came while on active duty at his base in the U.S.

It's my intent to go to the media with this but I'm not sure who in the Army decides such things. I've been hearing stories about similar situations going on.
Based solely and only on what you posted, this situation would fall under DCS, G-1 for personnel matters such as this (At the highest levels) and his G-1 at the division level, where he happens to be assigned.

I have a feeling there may be something more to the story as something such as this (With nothing disciplinary or punititve involved) has "Congressional Inquiry" written all over it. I would give the soldier the benefit of the doubt, in this instance however.........I would suggest being thoroughly satisfied with the ENTIRE BACKGROUND AND SCENARIO before taking on the media.

The main 2 regs that cover it would be

AR 600-8-7 (retirement)
AR 635-200 (separations - enlisted personnel)
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Backstory might have nothing to do with the injury, but with the individual, if you get my drift.

Seems to me that an injury that disqualifies him from further service should entitle him to a med disability. However, we now have hundreds of documented cases of psych injuries being driven out under disciplinary procedures in order to minimize disability payments--justice is often too dificult to bother with in any bureaucracy. Your friend needs to follow the in-house avenues of redress hard & fast before going outside.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “The Mosh Pit”