Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction

Post by dirtnap »

Hello Rangers my names is Dillan, I have been trying for about three years now to get my hands on an 11x option 40 contract. I have used this site for alot of info over the years and I would like to thank all of you for that, especially the admin. for keeping the site going. Anyway Im on here now because I now attained the contract and Im here for any information that any Ranger, past or present could give me. Wisdom is the best gift i could get right now so any would be a blessing.

Thanks Rangers for your service!
ship date- 20120508

Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers.
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by RangerX »

1)Very poor choice of screen name.
2)Are you a Ranger, Veteran, or the Wife/Parent of a Ranger? No? Wrong forum.

While wisdom serves you well in the long run, attention to detail will help you keep from getting blown the hell up in the short term.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Introduction

Post by IEDmagnet »

RangerX wrote:While wisdom serves you well in the long run, attention to detail will help you keep from getting blown the hell up in the short term.
In other words, it will keep you from taking a "dirt nap".
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

At RangerX's suggestion, moved to the correct forum. Wisdom includes attention to detail.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Jim wrote:Wisdom includes attention to detail.

2X . . . .Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by dirtnap »

Big thanks for moving this into the right forum, wont happen again. Im kinda new to forums I just joined this one for the knowledge or advice that I could get from people who have been there and done that. As for the name I really did'nt know what I should have got, but thats what we used to say in baseball when we dived into a base.

I will learn from my mistakes,
Thanks Rangers!
ship date- 20120508

Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers.
dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by dirtnap »

Any Rangers have advice on getting in better shape before I leave? My ship date is May 8th and im looking for a hardcore workout program but really dont know what to focus it on whether that be cardio, strength, or both. Currently on the PT I score about 54 PUs and 50 SU and around a 14:00 minute 2mile run. Now im prepared to give it my all, my everything to get ready so i can make it. Please Rangers and input would be very appreciated
ship date- 20120508

dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by dirtnap »

Nice Ranger xray! I looked into the APFT imrovement forum. I will get on that right away!
ship date- 20120508

dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by dirtnap »

I'm getn my daily routine down. I'm running a 3 mile run in the mornings and at night every day, and doin upper body and core work outs every other day. It's workn out pretty good, I'm staying sore anyway. If you think I could add anything else to my workout I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
ship date- 20120508

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

dirtnap wrote:I'm getn my daily routine down. I'm running a 3 mile run in the mornings and at night every day, and doin upper body and core work outs every other day. It's workn out pretty good, I'm staying sore anyway. If you think I could add anything else to my workout I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
getting

doing

working

You are not speaking to just any one here & we are not your friends. You are not in your neighborhood, you are a guest on ArmyRanger.
Get in the habit of using proper grammer.
I do not want a response nor "I'm sorry" rather I want to see improvement of your grammer in your future posts.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by dirtnap »

I'm so excited for my chance to "flip the coin" with my Ranger contract! The Rangers on this site set a high standard, and I'm going to have to push myself hard to live up to it. My mind, soul, and body is going into this 110 percent and then some.

Thanks-
Dillan
ship date- 20120508

Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Young man, I do not mean to "pile on", but you have not quite grasped the concept of "attention to detail".

For one, delete the prepositional phrase "on this site" when addressing who sets a high standard. The Rangers set high standards, period.

Mind, soul, and body sound plural to me, not singular.

I admire your ambition, but you need to read and think more.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
dirtnap
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by dirtnap »

Roger, Im going to start speaking less and listening more.
ship date- 20120508

Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

dirtnap wrote:Roger, Im going to start speaking less and listening more.
My name is not Roger. (sigh)

I predict you will have a rather rough road ahead of you.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"

Return to “Introduction Archive”