preparing for rangers school

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

jestr
Embryo

preparing for rangers school

Post by jestr »

ok this is Jesse, im 21, looking to join the military come summer time, from now till then im gonna get into the best shape of my life; now ive seen on here that small guys can make it....im 5'9 or 10 give or take...im around 130, now i know im gonna gain some muscle mass....and my whole life i lived for challenges and if im granted into the rangers school i'd like that challenge...what do you all think? any advice for a guy who is looking forward to getting his ass handed to him?
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Re: preparing for rangers school

Post by Lefty »

Before you post again anywhere on this site, read my response to your third attempt at an introduction.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
randys
Embryo

Post by randys »

Do as lefty says and read the rules and slow down with your introductions. You are getting ahead of yourself.
As for your size. It would probably be best for you to start trying to bulk now. You should start eating at least 5-6 meals a day with a high protein/carb diet. Make sure you are running alot also! You need to gain some weight! Start building muscle. I would suggest you start lifting weights 3 out of 7 days a week and at the end of your workouts do sit ups, push ups, and dead hangs. the remaining four days you should probably use to do cross-fit training. You can google that. If you are serious it sounds like you need to get dedicated to at least six days a week. At least that's what I've been doing for the past five years of my life. Good luck.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

randys wrote:Do as lefty says and read the rules and slow down with your introductions. You are getting ahead of yourself.
As for your size. It would probably be best for you to start trying to bulk now. You should start eating at least 5-6 meals a day with a high protein/carb diet. Make sure you are running alot also! You need to gain some weight! Start building muscle. I would suggest you start lifting weights 3 out of 7 days a week and at the end of your workouts do sit ups, push ups, and dead hangs. the remaining four days you should probably use to do cross-fit training. You can google that. If you are serious it sounds like you need to get dedicated to at least six days a week. At least that's what I've been doing for the past five years of my life. Good luck.
Randys, please resist the urge to dispense wisdom until you have been on this site a while longer. Remember, you are our guest here; don't abuse our hospitality!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
randys
Embryo

Post by randys »

I'm sorry! I'm a personal trainer I was just tyring to give advice on working out! Won't happen again!
jestr
Embryo

Post by jestr »

Yeah I finally realized that there was a delay to my posts soo it looks like I just spazzed out and posted 4 things, but anyways i appreciate the advice on working out

Return to “The Mosh Pit”