Intro-Jimmy

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jnguyen24
Egg

Intro-Jimmy

Post by Jnguyen24 »

Hey Rangers! My name is Jimmy Nguyen. Let me start off by saying thank you for fighting and protecting our country. Not only are you guys my role models but my future. I am a 17 year old almost 18yr senior in high school. I plan on joining the army after college. Going to college mainly for my parents. I can not sit here and lie about wanting to join the army since little, but it has been in my head for awhile.
And joining the army would probably be the best decision I ever make. I plan on get the option 40 in my contract after college. And I am not doing ROTC as I have heard it is not the best thing to do to become a ranger.

I want to become a ranger because I want to be the best. I only settle for the best. I want to create a new brotherhood with new people I meet along the way. The Army is where i belong. Though I am only 5'6 130, I am the hardest worker you will ever meet. I am actually pretty strong my for size. Lifting and keeping up with guys that are up to 160. I have been working out for about to years and now I am working on my endurance. Is there anything else I should work on?

Once again, thank you Rangers. I hope I will get to serve and fight along side my brothers in the 75th.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro-Jimmy

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Jimmy

You've got a lot of school left & you should stay focused on that & do well in school. Make your parents happy. See if they will spring for you & let you get your MBA in 5 years.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jnguyen24
Egg

Post by Jnguyen24 »

Steadfast wrote:Welcome Jimmy

You've got a lot of school left & you should stay focused on that & do well in school. Make your parents happy. See if they will spring for you & let you get your MBA in 5 years.
Yes, I do have a lot of time left before entering. But during the 4 years in college I will be training hard until the day I get my contract.
Jnguyen24
Egg

Post by Jnguyen24 »

ZoneIV wrote:
Jnguyen24 wrote:I am not doing ROTC as I have heard it is not the best thing to do to become a ranger.
Welcome to the site. A misconception is that you must become an Officer if you take ROTC classes and this is not the case. You can take two years without committing yourself to a contract. It is not a bad way to get a feeling what the Army is about if you are clueless. You will be around Senior NCOs and Officers that you can get advice and guidance from as well a like-minded people (fellow students) who want to serve this great country of ours. You may want to consider taking ROTC classes. It will do nothing but give you a step up when it comes to enlisting in the Army once you graduate.
I actually have never thought of that. Thank you for the heads up.
Jnguyen24
Egg

Post by Jnguyen24 »

Update

I have actually decided to enlist after high school. The option 40 slots are open. Going to meps soon. Ready for whatever!
Quitting is not an option.

RLTW!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jimmy, enlisting to be a Ranger will be very helpful when you go to college. And it will get you laid a lot more that you realize. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
440mopar
Embryo

Post by 440mopar »

Ranger Jim you just made my day.

Jimmy, my parents were like yours and wanted me to go to college first. I told them it would have to wait until after I get out of the Army. They understand now that I have a strong desire to serve my country before I go back to school. Maybe your's are willing to listen.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Did you get an opt. 40 reservation? Like, actually have the sheet of paper in your hands? if so, for what MOS?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”