Intro - Eli

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

2Ez
Egg

Intro - Eli

Post by 2Ez »

My name is Eli, I recently enlisted under 11X Opt. 4. (Airborne)

I am 17, in my senior year of high school in San Diego, CA. I live right next to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
I scored an 82 on my ASVAB, with a GT of 121 I believe.

I have wanted to enlist in the Army since I was about 7. As I grew up, my next door neighbor was a Ranger/SF Commander (Col.) who retired 3 years ago. Listening to all his stories is making me put my right foot forward and pursue a spot in Rangers.
I was unable to land an Opt. 40, but have made a deal with the Ranger/SF Colonel, that if I get into exceedingly good shape, that he would pull a few strings and have Ranger recruiters pull me out of Airborne when I'm done.
I don't have that far to go as I'm in shape to pass BCT with ease I believe.
I know the deal gives me a massive incentive to put my best foot forward and train day in and day out to reach my goal and show my full potential.

My ship date is Aug. 20th 2012 to Fort Benning. I'm hoping to get to know a few familiar faces on here of people that go to BCT when I do.

Thank you Rangers for what you do in serving our amazing country. I strive to stand among your ranks and thrive off of all tips and instruction directed towards me.
Ship Date: Ft. Benn, 20120820

11x Opt 4.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Intro - Eli

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Eli.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Eli.

Head over to Recruiters Q & A forums & read everything. Pay special attention to stickies by Ranger goon175 in each forum.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Listen to these men, you may be in a situation like me and all you get is your training from rasp and the words of these guys before your roping out of a bird yourself..
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
2Ez
Egg

Post by 2Ez »

Ranger Lunch,

I noticed my mistake moments after I hit submit, and you're right, I do need to need to pay more attention to detail.
I've talked to many people who have gone through Airborne, BCT, or AIT at Ft. Benning in the summer and they say it's close to hell during the day. I completely understand that score is only a statistical figure that will mean nothing if I can't live up to mine, and everyone else's full potential. When you say "Your goal should be to train hard and train smart", I 110% realize that I shouldn't have a goal, and should train until I drop every time. I know how to hydrate properly even 24 hours prior to a training session. I run with a Camelbak due to the fact I try to get the most realistic training scenario so when I leave, it's not new to me.

Thank you Ranger Lunch for your love of Country and service.
I highly value your instruction in my endeavor to stand among you.
Ship Date: Ft. Benn, 20120820

11x Opt 4.

Return to “Introduction Archive”