Intro-From Russia with Respect

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Intro-From Russia with Respect

Post by K.Ingraham »

Kharkov, Kiev...what's a few hundred miles anyway? :)

I saw an article somewhere that said Georgia also used Ukrainian supplied T-80s. Either way, they burn just as well.

Shali certainly knew how to play a gullible western media.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Rex wrote: Why shouldn`t I be proud of victory over American trained,American equipped Georgian regular soldiers, who before served in Iraq!
You're right. They were in Iraq up until Russia invaded and then they left within 2 weeks to go defend themselves. I was there and I'm going off of what Georgian Soldiers fighting beside me said. Forgive me for not getting Russia's side of the story, but then again, they haven't exactly offered their services in the GWOT.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

They were in Iraq up until Russia invaded and then they left within 2 weeks to go defend themselves. I was there and I'm going off of what Georgian Soldiers fighting beside me said. Forgive me for not getting Russia's side of the story, but then again, they haven't exactly offered their services in the GWOT.[/quote]

In fact, Georgians were flied back home by US Air Force C-130 at the Tbilisi airport on 10 of August,while war began on 23.30 of August,7. By the way, 40 minutes before landing to airport our SU-25 destroyed local RADAR and navigational equipment :D

I understand you! Brother-in-Arms is not a flexible world,but a very solid matter :wink:
Nevertheless, life is not a simple world. I admit that we are not saint :( But stories that big Russian bear wanted to destroy small but brave and proud democracy :D is something like WMD in Iraq:even worse than crime simply not very adequate understanding of situation on the ground :!:
Кто мужчиной рожден, тот рожден побеждать!!!

Strength is essential to negotiate successfully and protect our interests. If we're weak, we can do neither.
Ronald Reagan
Address to the Nation and Other Countries on United States-Soviet Relations
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

K.Ingraham wrote:Kharkov, Kiev...what's a few hundred miles anyway? :)
You are right!It seems for me that during cold war rangers were very familiar with geography :)
I saw an article somewhere that said Georgia also used Ukrainian supplied T-80s. Either way, they burn just as well.
Even in our country average citizen will not distinguish T-72 from T-80 :D Of course, T-80 is further modification of great T-64 :D I have to say thanks to my sergeant, Ivan the Terrible :D
Shali certainly knew how to play a gullible western media

If somebody is graduate of Columbia Law Shool he know to play very well :(
And BELEIVE ME, You do not know WHAT Kind is Russian media like :(

Strength is essential to negotiate successfully and protect our interests. If we're weak, we can do neither.
Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Rex wrote:104 Separate Detachment of Spetsnaz of 10 Separate Brigade of Spetsnaz of Main Intelligence Directorate of General Staff of Russian Armed Forces (in Russian: 104 ООСпН 10 ОБрСпН ГРУ ГШ ВС РФ).

Are you trying to gather on us? :shock:

Just kidding. Welcome here. I'd give you some of my dazzling knowledge of Russian, but all I know are some of the responses from Божественная литургия. So don't worry about your English.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

mortar_guy78 wrote: Are you trying to gather on us? :shock:

Just kidding. Welcome here.
Thanks for kind reception!
I'd give you some of my dazzling knowledge of Russian, but all I know are some of the responses from Божественная литургия.
As a child born in atheistic family I have to admit your superior knowing of Russian

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

I want to add, American TV series "Generation Kill" is best of the best!

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Rex wrote: is something like WMD in Iraq:even worse than crime simply not very adequate understanding of situation on the ground :!:
Negative, Rex. There's no way to equate these two conflicts. Our countries had very different reasons for what they did.
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

This is your point of view...You have every right to think about Iraq--You were there and familiar with real situation.
But I have to say I doubt You were in Georgia and do not have a deep insihgt into origins of war. I was there and I personally learned after end of my tour about why I was there. If you have question, I would be happy to address them, with respect but without easy pushing :)

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Your quote from President Reagan in your signature line is interesting.

This is an exerpt from the same speech you refer to: "Look beyond the words, and one fact stands out: America's deterrence is more credible, and it is making the world a safer place -- safer because now there is less danger that the Soviet leadership will underestimate our strength or question our resolve.

Yes, we are safer now, but to say that our restored deterrence has made the world safer is not to say that it's safe enough. We're witnessing tragic conflicts in many parts of the world. Nuclear arsenals are far too high, and our working relationship with the Soviet Union is not what it must be. These are conditions which must be addressed and improved...The world has witnessed more than 100 major conflicts since the end of World War II. Today there are armed conflicts in the Middle East, Afghanistan, Southeast Asia, Central America, and Africa. In other regions, independent nations are confronted by heavily armed neighbors seeking to dominate by threatening attack or subversion. Most of these conflicts have their origins in local problems, but many have been exploited by the Soviet Union and its surrogates. And, of course, Afghanistan has suffered an outright Soviet invasion."

Which is to say nothing of the Russian made and sold SAM sites surrounding Iranian nuclear plants. The Russian propaganda isn't going to work on me.
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Rex wrote:
mortar_guy78 wrote: Are you trying to gather on us? :shock:

Just kidding. Welcome here.
Thanks for kind reception!
I'd give you some of my dazzling knowledge of Russian, but all I know are some of the responses from Божественная литургия.
As a child born in atheistic family I have to admit your superior knowing of Russian
The Church that I was attending in Alaska had many Russian members, so even though we celebrated in English sometimes the responses were in Russian. Most of the Orthodox Churches in the US celebrate in English, but some still use Greek, Russian, Arabic, etc. depending on their ethnic makeup.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

snafu wrote:
Rex wrote: Negative, Rex. There's no way to equate these two conflicts. Our countries had very different reasons for what they did.
Correct, Russia defended it's territorial claims. We did not.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Мой русский язык сосет. Приветствуйте здесь.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Russian kicked my ass. Do us all a favor and switch alphabets. :D
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

snafu wrote: Which is to say nothing of the Russian made and sold SAM sites surrounding Iranian nuclear plants. The Russian propaganda isn't going to work on me.
Mr. snafu
Yes, Russia has sold weapon and SAM sites to Iranians.You are right!
Nevertheless, Did United States sold higly technological weapon to the Saudy Sheikhs,who in turn financed sunni rebels in Iraq? Those, who you are claiming to be YOUR ALLIES ARE PAYING FOR YOUR DEATH :evil:
Did any Iranian SAM sites shoot down any American plane?
Speaking about Russian propaganda :D I would be happy if Russian state will pay me for expressing my OWN thought which based on my OWN experience and analysis! :D
Look at WIKILEAKS AND FIND WERE I LIED :twisted:
Sincerely yours

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984

Return to “Introduction Archive”