Intro ++

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

UglyMug25
US Army

Intro ++

Post by UglyMug25 »

I am currently deployed as a 25Q in C co 50th Sig BDE ESB. I have been in the Army about 15 months now, so I am still fairly new. I am looking to acheive a position in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Going through TRADOC, each unit I was at had told me that I could get an Airborne or Ranger contract at my "Next" duty station. Once I complete my training I land in 50th Sig, and they don't need soldiers to be either. So I got my hopes up a little at first.

I got to Fort Bragg, MArch of this year. I shortly find out my unit is deploying to Iraq for Operation New dawn. So once again, my plans are delayed. Since I've been out here, I contacted the recruiter for 75th and he gave me all the proper paperwork and info. I have it all filled out, except for one little document. Letters of recommendation from our Co. Commander and 1sg. Sounds easy enough right"? Well I started asking my first line, Senior NCOs, even XO of my unit back in July. It is now november, still no luck. I understand they are busy but I don't think it's that hard to send up an email. Also, I am still fairly new to my unit when I startted asking so no one really knew me, which is also tough when you're asking for these documents.

It was until I hit my 303 on the APFT out here, and started running in my freetime with a 20lb assault pack, that ppl started noticing me. THey would say things like "Hey, are you still thinking of going RANGER?". Here I am thinking "God I fucking hate you, I asked you like 3 months ago to help me."

So a few weeks later we get an email sent out from our 1SG saying, "The signal BDE is paying for soldiers to go to schools like AIRBORNE or RANGER, just volunteer your name and we will start your paperwork." Finally! I send in my name and check on my guy in ops a week or 2 later, just to see how the process is going. Well that was like a month ago, and no paper work has been sent out. This unit is horrible when it comes to paperworrk. My only hopes are when I get back to Bragg I begin the whole process again, send out the packet and begin my long wait for orders.

The regular army just isn't for me, especially being in a signal unit where PT isn't a huge factor. What the army is passing off for soldiers today isn;t what I had in mind when I signed up. Fat fucks! We have guys who cant pass the minimum and once they do, say things like "Can't you just be happy for me?" I hate all of them.

I won't quit. I can't fail before even get to RASP, that is unacceptable. I won't rest until I have my orders. It's just giving me time to get better, faster, and stronger.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

UglyMug25

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here Soldier & thank you for your service to our country.

I hope you stay safe on your deployment. Make your own luck your best luck in your future endeavors.

You might just head over to Recruiters & Schools (Section) Q & A
and do a lot of reading.

Another item you might be interested in:
Subject: SMA comments
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Intro ++

Post by K.Ingraham »

Great intro. You'll have more to offer the Regiment now that you have real-world experience on deployment.
You must be the very best 25C that you can be, the high-speed world is only for those who are on top of their "big army" skills. Learn all youi can, especially on how to make commo and make things work when everything goes belly up.
Meanwhile, don't burn your bridges or act like you're too good for the 50th; you might have the highest goals but don't let your leg seniors believe that you think that you're too good for them or they'll make it their life to make sure your life is "in your place", ie: under them.
Just keep excelling in everything you do & be the "quiet professional".
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Intro ++

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, young Trooper . . .thank you for your service.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Never, ever quite, Young Warrior. Thank you for your service to our great country.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
UglyMug25
US Army

Post by UglyMug25 »

I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to read through my intro.

Always training, always motivated.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Never, never quit. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867