introduction Matt

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

iggy
Embryo

introduction Matt

Post by iggy »

Hey,
My name is Matt, I'm 19 years old, just finished high school, and I will be joining the US Army and will become a Ranger. I wanted to introduce myself to all of the DEPs and Rangers on this site, and thank the Rangers for all of the extremely helpful topics.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Re: introduction Matt

Post by Lefty »

You have made a declarative statement which needs defining.
Have you enlisted?
Do you have an Opt. 40 in your contract?
I recommend you read the rules for the site and read a lot more of the threads.
"Hey" is not the best way to begin addressing people on this site.
Some others may be along shortly to guide you.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
iggy
Embryo

Post by iggy »

I am sorry Ranger Lefty, I did not mean to sound disrespectful I just wasn't sure how to greet the Rangers. I did read the FAQs and many other threads on this forum before I registered.

No, I do not have option 40 in my contract yet, though I am prepared to do anything and everything I can to become an Army Ranger. I know the requirements and I've passed those. I do not know what lies ahead of me but I am confident I can achieve my goal as long as I have the determination to do so. I am here to recieve as much advise as the veterans here are willing to give.
iggy
Embryo

Post by iggy »

You're right Ranger Lunch, I should have put more thought into my introduction. I suppose I was too eager to start talking to men who are what I want to be I forgot my manners.
iggy
Embryo

Post by iggy »

I am going to MEPS on Thursday to take my physical, airborne physical, and get opt 40 in my contract. Right now my MOS is infantry and my shipping date is Feb 20th, which is subject to change when I get opt 40 on Thursday.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Well your a self-assurred young man, that's for sure. Is someone promising you OPT 40? Cause from what I have been hearing thats pretty tough to get right now. Either way, I wish you luck there Stud. Just remember "many are called, but you few are chosen". :wink: 8)
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
iggy
Embryo

Post by iggy »

My recruiter said he cannot promise anything. When I got MEPS I will tell them to add option 40 to my contract and I'll cross my fingers and hope. If there is no opening I will still be shipped to GA for basic and ait and while I am there I will train my ass off and make sure I do more than my best. I will need to get into airborne school and RAZ (?) (I was told they renamed RIP) and earn my place among the ranks of the Rangers.

My plan, regardless of getting option 40 in my contract, is informing myself of everything I need to know and do to become a Ranger and then achieve it and more to ensure that I am more than ready when my time comes to prove myself.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

iggy wrote:and RAZ (?) (I was told they renamed RIP)
Ok pop star here's your freebie.

viewforum.php?f=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Dntwishforitwrkforit
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dntwishforitwrkforit »

PM inbound
Shipdate: 20120221
iggy
Embryo

Post by iggy »

Thank you Rangers, yes I have been reading and searching but everywhere I find it referred to as RIP. My recruiter told me they changed it but he didn't tell me how to spell it or what it stood for.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

iggy wrote:Thank you Rangers, yes I have been reading and searching but everywhere I find it referred to as RIP. My recruiter told me they changed it but he didn't tell me how to spell it or what it stood for.
You must not have followed the link I handed to you for free or this would have been obvious.

Board index ‹ Recruiters and Schools - Q&A ‹ About RASP Change font size
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Buzz wrote:
iggy wrote:Thank you Rangers, yes I have been reading and searching but everywhere I find it referred to as RIP. My recruiter told me they changed it but he didn't tell me how to spell it or what it stood for.
You must not have followed the link I handed to you for free or this would have been obvious.

Board index ‹ Recruiters and Schools - Q&A ‹ About RASP Change font size
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
iggy
Embryo

Post by iggy »

My apologies Ranger Buzz, I am on my druid phone and can't click on links. I planned on checking the link when I got home.

I feel like an idiot, I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Return to “Introduction Archive”