Ranger

Re: belgian ex Para Commando

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome Belgian Para Commando.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

We went through Marche les Dames and the Parachute school in Spring of 94' and then some of ya'll came to Fort Benning the next month. This was just prior to Rwanda blowing up. If you were one of the dudes that fucked with us during all of the height obstacles we did over there then I hate your guts.

Welcome here.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome.

Got waffles ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome Brother Warrior. I was fortunate to spend some wonderful time in your beautiful country and was there in the 60's for the World's Fair--loved it!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

belgian ex Para Commando

Post by KW Driver »

I was in the same PLT as Invictus and went on that trip. I had fun at Marche les Dames, except for the all night adventure race/evasion lane they ran at the school house. It would have helped if any of us could read/speak French, or y'all could have just put the steer name on the street signs, instead of three.

And your weather sucked.

There are one or two other guys here hat went through the whole commando course of yours.

And if you were there with Rangers in Mar, '94, that's was A/3/75, not 2/75.

Welcome here.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome. You & anyone else who served with the Belgian Paras might like to visit this place:

Pub Pegasus, "or home KTSA"
The Pegasus Pub on Market Square in Diest is a place where veterans, active para-commandos and interested people can feel at home. The ambience which has been the history of the paratroopers past and present, and the 1 Para in Diest. The Pegasus Pub ensures that the paratroopers will always remain in Diest. This place is an ideal rendezvous place where old friends meet and reminisce.
But no more commands are welcome. It is a rich learning environment with a pint of beer, lots of stories, anecdotes and photographs. But the Pegasus pub has more in store. The floors will be set up as information about the Para-Commandos and in particular the Belgian SAS and the 1st Parachute Battalion. It will also serve as a small museum where Erik, the manager, much of his collection on the 1st and parachutisen Para Bn Diest will display.
The pub itself is a growing collection "of and for the customer" at each visit, as it has already become a tradition that everyone brings something to the Pegasus pub to set or hang. In this way, the pub a home for anyone who "Spirit" of 1st Para Bn Diest wants to keep alive. And the Pegasus pub is also home to KTSA association, which stands for Keep The Spirit Alive. This organization teaches you to know through this website and aims of the spirit and memory of the 1st Parachute Battalion to continue living by organizing the annual January 1 Para Remember Day.
The Pub can always find things offered in the shop of KTSA . Sweaters, t-shirts and any other future products are available there. Ordering through the website http://www.KTSA.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; can, but if you're near Diest or should be then a visit to the Pegasus pub and shop worth.
The opening hours of the Pegasus Pub :
Monday: from 10.00 to 22.00 h
Tuesday: CLOSED
Wednesday: from 7.00 until 22.00 h
Thursday from 10.00 to 22.00 h
Friday: from 10.00 to 22.00 h
Saturday and Sunday: from 10.00 to ... ..
Address and contact details:
Pub Pegasus, Grote Markt 9 in 3290 Diest
Tel: 31 013 21 33
Email: pegasuspub@skynet.be
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

snakeharley wrote:I stand corrected , it was indeed 3/75th in '94 , i just checked the beret i exchanged with one of you guy's and it has 3 bars on the flash. But you guy's stayed at ower baracks at Brasschaat near antwerp in the flanders part of the country . We held a field ex. where you guy's had to jump and then had to assault the fort of Eben Emal what we had to defend. But as some of you already stated due to the fucked upweather here the C130's where replaced by busses.
I remember the raid on Eben Emal, and the cold ass showers in those barracks. Have to say I really enjoyed my time in your Country. And the balloon jump. Glad you found us brother. The Rwanda mission was for shit. You ever get to Fort Benning, GA first beers on me.
Hawkmoon74
Ranger

Post by Hawkmoon74 »

Invictus wrote:We went through Marche les Dames and the Parachute school in Spring of 94' and then some of ya'll came to Fort Benning the next month. This was just prior to Rwanda blowing up. If you were one of the dudes that fucked with us during all of the height obstacles we did over there then I hate your guts.

Welcome here.
Some of my best and favorite pictures were from this.
And Antwerp was amazing.
Sr. Machine Gunner
2nd PLt, Aco. 3/75, 92'-95'
Ranger School class 11-94 (Desert Phase Major Go, Desert Phase Recycle, Mountain Phase Major Go...in that order...)

Blood and death I'm born to bring, the birth of an assassin. To cut the cord of life and death and ties to earth unfasten...
Hawkmoon74
Ranger

Post by Hawkmoon74 »

snakeharley wrote:I stand corrected , it was indeed 3/75th in '94 , i just checked the beret i exchanged with one of you guy's and it has 3 bars on the flash. But you guy's stayed at ower baracks at Brasschaat near antwerp in the flanders part of the country . We held a field ex. where you guy's had to jump and then had to assault the fort of Eben Emal what we had to defend. But as some of you already stated due to the fucked upweather here the C130's where replaced by busses.
First of all...what was up with the mud ?? You people farm that sh*t ??
Two, f^%$ck that "walk".
Three, I'm not sure if you were in the fort or not, but the actual assault was honestly one of the funnest things I did.
If I remember correctly, we feinted with one gun off to the east side with maybe a squad or so.
The when you all returned fire and our support line had everything zero'd in, we cut loose with the rest of Aco's guns.
I'm telling you...it was probably 9 or 10 guns plus AG's etc going cyclic....pure raw firepower.
That was the event that made me push to get out of a line squad and onto weapons squad.

I seem to recall some retarded ass aerial obstacle course too that never was closer to the ground than 20 feet.
All commando crawls, 2 rope bridges and some stupid thing where we had to jump from a cliff face onto a tree trunk,climb that to a rope and go from there.
I hate heights.
Seriously.
Sr. Machine Gunner
2nd PLt, Aco. 3/75, 92'-95'
Ranger School class 11-94 (Desert Phase Major Go, Desert Phase Recycle, Mountain Phase Major Go...in that order...)

Blood and death I'm born to bring, the birth of an assassin. To cut the cord of life and death and ties to earth unfasten...

Return to “Introduction Archive”