BATF Botched Mexican Gun Smuggling Operation

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

BATF Botched Mexican Gun Smuggling Operation

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Congress and the Department of Justice appear to be headed for a showdown this week over documents detailing Operation Fast and Furious, the botched gunrunning sting set up by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that funneled more than 1,700 smuggled weapons from Arizona to Mexico.

The Justice Department has until Wednesday to deliver to congressional investigators a stack of records and emails naming the individuals responsible for the gun trafficking operation that may have killed dozens, if not hundreds of Mexicans, and is becoming a growing embarrassment for the Obama administration.

Under Project Gunrunner and the Phoenix off-shoot, dubbed Fast and Furious, the ATF encouraged gun store owners to sell to straw buyers -- consumers who they suspected of working on behalf of Mexican drug cartels.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03 ... z1HvBlEN7h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: BATF Botched Mexican Gun Smuggling Operation

Post by Baseplate »

Somebody done messed up
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

The denials are rolling out of people's mouths to include the POTUS. They protest too much?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I find it utterably unbelievable that a government organization would fuck up anything. Obviously all of you are racists and do not believe in the power and glory of the government.

Haters.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

rgrokelley wrote:I find it utterably unbelievable that a government organization would fuck up anything. Obviously all of you are racists and do not believe in the power and glory of the government.

Haters.
You Sir, obviously signed your loyalty oath this morning.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

CatFish Driver wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:I find it utterably unbelievable that a government organization would fuck up anything. Obviously all of you are racists and do not believe in the power and glory of the government.

Haters.
I have submitted your name to Homeland security...

Catfish... is that with one t or two?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

rgrokelley wrote:
CatFish Driver wrote:

Haters.
I have submitted your name to Homeland security...

Catfish... is that with one t or two?
Hahahahaha
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater

Return to “The News Dump”