RASP pics

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
goon175
Ranger

RASP pics

Post by goon175 »

Apparently Ft. Benning decided that it was portrait day for RASP candidates.... I figured some of you have some kids in this class and might see a familiar face.....

http://www.fortbenningphotos.com/Ranger ... 5942_mczrf
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: RASP pics

Post by KW Driver »

the red lens must suck, but tell me that's a two quart strap cross-chesting them... those things probably aren't even in the supply system anymore.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

those are definately 2-quarts.... man I don't miss that thing bouncing all over the place!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Those are some hard assed looking individuals already...any idea how far in they are Ranger Goon?
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

nope
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Cool photos but couldn't help notice the caption that said "Photos by Sue Ulibarri", Could it be wife or daughter of "the Ranger Ulibarri?" :?
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Edgerusher71 wrote:Those are some hard assed looking individuals already...any idea how far in they are Ranger Goon?
Odd....I thought they looked more confused than anything.

Edge, don't confuse tired/scared with hard assed looking!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

The current class just finished Cole Range last week. Not sure when these were taken though.
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Slowpoke wrote:
Edgerusher71 wrote:Those are some hard assed looking individuals already...any idea how far in they are Ranger Goon?
Odd....I thought they looked more confused than anything.

Edge, don't confuse tired/scared with hard assed looking!
Roger that Ranger Slowpoke...I think pushing out 50 will help clear my perception.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

B Co 3/75
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Notice how in every picture you don't see one finger on a trigger! NICE!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

McD wrote:Notice how in every picture you don't see one finger on a trigger! NICE!
Those rubber ducks have a hair trigger. :lol:

Seriously, the posture and finger position were the first things I noticed. A very simple demonstration of how different things are now from.....well, then. This new "high ready" and finger discipline is one of the myriad of changes to technique that I would love to learn more about, including the reasoning behind it.

So much has changed.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

This was my RASP class,

We definitely weren't hard asses. We were just a group of exhausted, wide eyed, scumbag rippies, absolutely and utterly terrified of our cadre standing menacingly behind the photographers while the pictures were being taken... :evil:

Even though y'all went through "back when it was hard" you might be happy to know that some things never change :D
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Cayo wrote:We definitely weren't hard asses.
You guys had me convinced Ranger Cayo. :lol:

...knockin em out.

B Co 3/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Cayo wrote:This was my RASP class,

We definitely weren't hard asses. We were just a group of exhausted, wide eyed, scumbag rippies, absolutely and utterly terrified of our cadre standing menacingly behind the photographers while the pictures were being taken... :evil:

Even though y'all went through "back when it was hard" you might be happy to know that some things never change :D
Good to know some things remain unchanged. Looking back, as I get older, I'm amazed at how good I used to be.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About RASP”