2 C.H.P. Troopers Killed

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RANGER513
Ranger

2 C.H.P. Troopers Killed

Post by RANGER513 »

Just received this e-mail, and wanted to pass it along.

Alot of LEO's have died in the line of duty so far this year. At this rate, the 4th of July weekend is going to be rather scary for LEO's across America.

Prayers out to the wifes, children, and families.

Rest In Peace, Troopers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All AAST Members:

I just returned to the office today to report, with great sadness, the deaths of two California Highway Patrol officers. Both officers were killed in the line of duty in separate incidents on Sunday, June 27, 2010. Unfortunately, five California Highway Patrol officers have now been killed in the line of duty since May 7th.

Trooper Justin McGrory was struck and killed by a drunk driver while conducting a field sobriety test on I-15 in Barstow at 3:38 am.

Trooper McGrory and his partner had stopped a suspected drunk driver and were administering the tests when he was struck. His partner was not injured. The drunk driver who struck him stopped a short distance away. He was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter.

Trooper McGrory had served with the California Highway Patrol for almost three years. He is survived by his expectant wife and three small children.

Trooper Brett Oswald was killed when he was struck by a vehicle at the scene of an abandoned vehicle.

Trooper Oswald responded to a report that a vehicle had hit a tree on South River Road in Paso Robles. After investigating, Trooper Oswald determined that no accident had occurred and that the vehicle was abandoned. He called for a tow truck and was waiting next to his patrol car, when a passing vehicle crossed the double yellow lines and struck the patrol car. The force of the impact pushed the patrol car into him.

Trooper Oswald was transported to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

Sympathy cards may be sent to the California Highway Patrol, P.O. Box 942898, Sacramento, CA 94298. Questions regarding funeral arrangements or survivor benefit fund information can be obtained by calling the CHP at (916) 657-7261.

Please keep the families of Troopers McGrory and Oswald, and the men and women of the California Highway Patrol in your thoughts and prayers during this extremely difficult time.

With Honor and Respect,

Ken Howes

Executive Director

American Association of State Troopers
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: 2 C.H.P. Troopers Killed

Post by IEDmagnet »

RIP brothers.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Way, way to many men in blue being taken out by criminals, drunks and just plain stupid people. So many leaving behind children who have now have a gaping hole in their lives.

Prayers for the families and grateful thoughts for those who serve us here at home. R.I.P.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

hobbit wrote:What happenened to my post here? The post that suggested legislative changes to Interstate traffic stop protcol that if enacted, could save the lives of countless police officers every year. What coward cencored that post?
No clue but posts like the one above are probably going to keep disappearing.

Rest in Peace, Officers.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Rest in Peace, Troopers.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Rest in peace Brothers.

It's only going to get worse with the ROE we have here.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The News Dump”