ROP/RGT

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
rangerdeen
Ranger

ROP/RGT

Post by rangerdeen »

I'm a Staff Sergent (Tabbed) with PFDR (Airborne upon return from deployment). I know, I know, Pathfinder without wings?? haha, in all seriousness, though, I have been in a Stryker Infantry unit for a little over 4 years now, and NEED to do something more. This is my second combat deployment (OIF 06-07, OIF 09-10), and seeing as Infantry Units no longer do the job they were designed for, I am toying with the idea of trying Ranger Regiment. I've read several posts throughout these forums, but haven't quite found what I've been looking for.
I do have a lot of combat experience, and would certainly like to capitalize on it with an elite unit. That being said, I'm interested in other members' thoughts on this. My SL time is about to hit 2 years, and I don't have any staff time (and want to stall at all costs!). Would it be likely for someone in my position (upon completion of ROP) to get a squad in a Ranger Battalion if/when I was to show up? Any advice would be helpful!

RLTW!
Ranger Class 11-08
1/23 IN. "Tomahawks," 3/2 SBCT
OIF 06-07
OIF 09-10
Silverback
Ranger

Re: ROP/RGT

Post by Silverback »

What about your time in grade? To me that would be the important part to know. If I were you I would apply and see what happens.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About RASP”