Class 10-04

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Actually, I see your biggest problem is that of respect since you obviously show none. As an Officer, you should know that respect is earned and not demanded or given.

I'm done with this subject.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i miss all the good shit. damn this stupid ANCOC....
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Damn, I missed the show. Hey, who the fuck pissed on the carpet?!
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

O.K. F8.

This is the house of Rangers. It even has our name on the front door. It you will look up and to the right you will see our name....It says Ranger twice, and has our unit. Up and to the left, our Crest. Ranger will be used before our name......we don't ask a lot for all of the sacrifices we gave, nor the standards that we soared above and beyond, when we didn't have to, but we do request that you put Ranger in front of our names while you are in our house.

As far as Ranger Beadle Bug, he is most definitely not pathetic. He was a member of Special Operations. He didn't have to be, but because he had more drive in him than the typical soldier......he pushed his body and mind to the limit.....and became something greater than most. He was able to accomplish things in areas, where you were found to be weak. I think that at least should produce some acknowledgement and respect on your part. I mean, if someone runs faster than me, or can do something better than myself, I at least respect them for either being in better shape, or pushing themselves harder than I did. Ranger Beadle Bug is a Ranger......and from what I can tell, a damn fine one at that.

What is the difference between an officer and an enlisted man?

Normally it is a college education, and a couple years of age difference, which normally boils down to more maturity.

Well, the catch 22 in this is that 80% of the men on this board, have their college degree and are older than you are, besides the fact that they were Rangers...something you are not.......well doing the math, I would say that the college degrees cancel each other out......and if we are older than you are....you owe a little in that department......and then that we were Rangers...and you didn't cut the mustard......I see were patheticness lies in all of this...and it sure isn't on the side of the Rangers.

If you will go back and read.....most of us have called you Sir at some part along the way....we do this because we acknowledge that you are an active duty officer...and we give you some credit in that department. Do we have to.......no, because this is our house, and in my house, I do whatever the hell I feel like, and respect that which I feel like respecting, and if you get respect here....it is only to be considered a bonus....not the rule.

I personally don't come on here to talk to Newts, DEPs, Privates, Legs, Semen, women, or civilians that are curious......I come on here because there are men that share many of the same interests that I do.....have served in the same unit that I have.....and have tried harder than they had to at some point in their lives.....which not only can I relate to, but I also commend them for pushing harder than required. Those are the type of people that I like to associate with, because it stirs a feeling within me that there are still people in the world that are worth a shit.....and that men are still men, and standards are still being leapt over.....and raised higher in a world that seems to be OK with just doing the bare minimum.

Now, let's talk about you.

One day you show up......you have some questions that in my mind....could've been handled by one of the DEPs, they were that ridiculous....or another word, pathetic. I chose to respond to your questions with humor, and sarcasm......in the same manner I would respond to my wife if she asked why we put gas in the car?

Why do I put gas in the car, because it makes us able to make it across the intersection and able to continue onto the desired destination.

Which basically answers your question, "Do I need to have everything on the packing list when I report to Ranger School."

Duh.....fuck yes you do, otherwise you aren't going to be able to continue towards your desired destination. It is the gas for your Ranger school car.

Basically, you came to a party. You weren't invited to the party, I sure don't think that any of us went out of our way to find you, and then request your attendance on this site......Ok we have an extra person at the party, no big deal.

But, instead of lounging around and drinking out of the free punch that was provided, i.e., the vast amount of information provided on this site, you chose to mingle.

Still, no big deal. We don't know you.....but we will make some petty conversation with you.....and naturally we will size you up....as I do with everyone that I make conversations with.

Then, you chose to start slapping some of the hosts. Well, bud....that doesn't sit too well at this party. Not only is that socially unacceptable, that is downright ass whupping potential.

You crash the party, slap the hosts, jump on the stage and take over the mike......and get your panties in a wad when we try and correct that? WTF is wrong with you?

You are new to the Army. You probably haven't even dealt with actual soldiers yet. Yeah, I know that you are prior service Navy....but I think you get the gist here. You will find that it isn't the easiest thing in the world to motivate people. You are in the position of leadership, because the Army has given you the rank to be....did you earn that...it all depends on how much water you think attending college holds. I personally have attended college, and think it's a fucking joke.

Besides all of that, what makes you think your men will follow you?

Well, from having been a leader, in the Army.....men will respond to rank, because they have to acknowledge it, or they lose money or rank, and quite possibly their ability to serve in the military. That is it. Money and rank for the most part.

What they will respond to is someone that they admire. Not because of something that they could've done...i.e., college......but because of something they can't do, or haven't had the opportunity to do yet, and admire you because you are a daily reminder, that they should try a little harder to reach the goals they wish to accomplish.

You sir, will have airborne wings.....and Lt. rank......something that is attainable by women, and thinking that men will truly admire what you have got there is preposterous.

You attempted to better yourself, and set yourself apart from all of the other Tank officers out there. However, you did not have what it took to accomplish that goal. You might have what it took, but evidentally you did not choose to brandish it during your visit to the Ft. Benning school for wayward youths.

Because you did not brandish said characteristics/physical ability.....you were removed from the course. Had you been able to prove these things, you would most likely still be in the course....and on your way to wearing a piece of fabric that states you were able to accomplish something that not everyone can do.

I don't care one way or the other. I accomplished the school, and got my shit, and so did most of the friends that I had. The ones that didn't, I respected.

I respected them, because they might not have finished the course.....but they attempted to, and were found lacking......and they admitted their faults. Had they at any time made an excuse, I would've lost all respect for them, because too many of us were able to go there and accomplish the mission.

You see, that is the difference between this site and others. We have been there, and we have done that.

Had you graduated and gotten your tab....you would've been godlike to the units that you would've been assigned to. Why, because not many of them go to Ranger School and get their shit.

We got our tabs, and when we got to our units......there wasn't anyone that really gave a shit, because it was something they had already done. In fact, usually we heard, "You got your tab......well, that is what you were supposed to do."

You went and tried to do something that you were not required to do....that's commendable. Something we have all done, four times. There is something to be said for even trying. Which, we would've recognized. But, what we don't recognize is an excuse for failure. Actually I am wrong in saying that......we recognize it for what it is.....weakness. Weakness, not only in body.....not accomplishing the course......but weakness in mind, for not recognizing your short-comings and their ability to hamper your progress.

You should have come back on here, and said that you did not make it this time. Obvious facts.

You did something good. You provided information that will help those that plan on walking down the same path.

You did something bad, you had an excuse for not accomplishing said goal. Not only did you have an excuse, you attacked the integrity of a situation that we have all wet our feet in......and defeated.

That is not good, because we have been there. If you had attended BUDS, and failed, and came on here telling us that the Land navigation course was wrong........we would've taken you at your word, most likely.....because we haven't been there, and don't know if the course is wrong or not.

Maybe there is a nice tank forum somewhere, that needs an excuse provider. Thanks for coming.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
F8

Post by F8 »

Ranger Dublo, well written post. I still have made no excuse for failing the Land Nav course. Regardless of how accurate the course is (or how accurate it seemed to me), others made it and I did not; there's no excuse. The only thing I have done is continue to defend myself on this thread against personal attacks.

I appreciated the help you provided by answering my initial questions. I did show up with everything, but not everyone did. They were allowed to start the course and were given time to use the mini-mart (while we were in line for dinner at the DFAC) to purchase the items that they needed. They did not get in any sort of trouble for not having the items. This seems to be a recent change.

Although it is someone else's party, some of the hosts deserved to be slapped because of their comments. I like the punch though, thanks.
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

F8,
Sir, you had it, you had it, you had it......then you lost it. None of our members need to be slapped, once again, this is our house, not yours.

I think that you can provide a new set of eyes on this site that see things from a different perspective........but, neither myself, nor my brothers will accept any form of shit from people that are not Rangers.

Get the point here Sir. I think your thin ice just cracked.

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
F8

Post by F8 »

Ranger Dublo, I completely understand. I simply won't give weigh to a guy who calls me a SORRY ASS MOTHERFUCKER.
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

F8,
I have been counseling you. It isn't an end-of-month, it is an after action counseling.

I have tried to cover your good points, your fuck-ups, and your needs improvement tasks. It was out there in the open.....cut and dried.....all you needed to do was initial, sign, and date the fucking thing.

HE IS A RANGER. HE IS A BROTHER. HE IS IN THE POSITION TO CALL THINGS LIKE HE SEES THEM. HE HAS THE RANK IN THIS SITUATION.

What would you do if one of your soldiers lashed back at you after you criticized him? Will you allow him to attack you in front of the other soldiers?

You need to take a knee, face out and drink water. Stop posting.....wait a couple of days......and then after you have cooled off, then come back on here.

DO NOT, DO NOT.....attack one of my brothers.

Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Dublo wrote: You sir, will have airborne wings.....and Lt. rank......something that is attainable by women, and thinking that men will truly admire what you have got there is preposterous.
And that sums it up right there

just in case this wasnt made clear

F8

Your a SORRY MOTHERFUCKER
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Ruffner275
Ranger

Post by Ruffner275 »

F8 wrote:I still have made no excuse for failing the Land Nav course. Regardless of how accurate the course is (or how accurate it seemed to me), others made it and I did not; there's no excuse.

I did show up with everything, but not everyone did. They were allowed to start the course and were given time to use the mini-mart (while we were in line for dinner at the DFAC) to purchase the items that they needed.
F8 wrote:my land nav skills are up to par. For some reason I had problems with that course, but my land nav skills aren't lacking.
Actually Sir, you have made two excuses. You have alluded to the inaccuracy of the course, and you stated that your land navigation skills are up to par. Either they are not, or you were physically incabable of completing the course in the alloted time. In any one of the Ranger Bn's, if a private fails any aspect of the course, he stands a chance of being rfs'd and shipped off to some leg unit because of his failure. You had the luxury to return to your unit and go back to your same old job.

Also, I believe what Dublo meant by: "Do I need to have everything on the packing list when I report to Ranger School," was did you have EVERYTHING, mentally and physically. Meaning, did you bring everything from what is required on the packing list, to the skills required to successfully complete the course. I know I did when I attended, and so did the rest of the soldiers who earned their Ranger tab. When I became a team leader in 2/75, I made damn well sure that my men had the required skills to successfully complete everything that would be asked of them, and then some. I NEVER had one of my privates return without their tab. Along with that, not one of my privates EVER recycled (shit, I NEVER recycled).

That being said, I never held any ill feeling towards other hooahs that did not make it, as long as their only excuse was "I fucked up," or "I was injured." Suck it up and drive on, Sir. Work on your skills, and take your ass back to Ranger school and earn your shit.
12B1P 11th ACR 96-99
11B2V C co. 2/75 99-02
Class 8-00
Ron375
Ranger

Post by Ron375 »

Dublo..

You're a good platoon sergeant but your working with a helpless case. F8 you are a sorry ass motherfucker. Get the fuck out of here and go read the FM Military Leadership. I see the reason you didn't make ranger school.....you forgot that there is no rank while in school...just ranger to ranger. Like this website-no rank-just respect. You can't even open your eyes to see that Dublo, a RANGER, has taken time out of his life to help you. Not because he likes you or respects you, but feels it is his patriotic duty to contribute to our active duty forces; ie-you. You must realize there is no caste culture in the Army as in the Navy. Now get the fuck out of here and go study mechanized tactics as much as you can to keep these kids under you from being wasted uselessly. I pray your platoon sergeant is as consciensious as Dublo.
Bco 3/75 RGR '91-'93
1st Plt 60 gunner
Class 9-92
LRSD 312MI 1CD '93-'95
Voted ArmyRanger.com "Most Abrasive Asshole" '04
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

F8 wrote:Ranger Dublo, I completely understand. I simply won't give weigh to a guy who calls me a SORRY ASS MOTHERFUCKER.
That much may be true, but on this website you WILL address him as 'Ranger' whether you like what he has to say or not.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Spartan wrote:
F8 wrote:Ranger Dublo, I completely understand. I simply won't give weigh to a guy who calls me a SORRY ASS MOTHERFUCKER.
That much may be true, but on this website you WILL address him as 'Ranger' whether you like what he has to say or not.

now I am a non typing mofo, but I can at least spell "way", guess when you are not giving a presentation in powerpoint its hard to get your point across, on to the next weighpoint :shock:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Horned Toad wrote:
Spartan wrote:

now I am a non typing mofo, but I can at least spell "way", guess when you are not giving a presentation in powerpoint its hard to get your point across, on to the next weighpoint :shock:

Ahh the joys of Ranger buddies, I have been told that weigh is a Navy term, if it is, then the only thing I can say is that this is an Army sight and to use such jargon is inappropriate. How do you expect to get your point across when you speak a different language?

I was also told that F8 could have meant to use the term "weight" which would have been correct in that sentence. Even I would have understood what he meant then.

I guess this comes down to if you are going to be in a leadership position you have to be able to be understood by your troops.

I think this is a dead issues anyway.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Ruffner275 wrote:
F8 wrote:I still have made no excuse for failing the Land Nav course. Regardless of how accurate the course is (or how accurate it seemed to me), others made it and I did not; there's no excuse.

I did show up with everything, but not everyone did. They were allowed to start the course and were given time to use the mini-mart (while we were in line for dinner at the DFAC) to purchase the items that they needed.
F8 wrote:my land nav skills are up to par. For some reason I had problems with that course, but my land nav skills aren't lacking.
Actually Sir, you have made two excuses. You have alluded to the inaccuracy of the course, and you stated that your land navigation skills are up to par. Either they are not, or you were physically incabable of completing the course in the alloted time. In any one of the Ranger Bn's, if a private fails any aspect of the course, he stands a chance of being rfs'd and shipped off to some leg unit because of his failure. You had the luxury to return to your unit and go back to your same old job.

Also, I believe what Dublo meant by: "Do I need to have everything on the packing list when I report to Ranger School," was did you have EVERYTHING, mentally and physically. Meaning, did you bring everything from what is required on the packing list, to the skills required to successfully complete the course. I know I did when I attended, and so did the rest of the soldiers who earned their Ranger tab. When I became a team leader in 2/75, I made damn well sure that my men had the required skills to successfully complete everything that would be asked of them, and then some. I NEVER had one of my privates return without their tab. Along with that, not one of my privates EVER recycled (shit, I NEVER recycled).

That being said, I never held any ill feeling towards other hooahs that did not make it, as long as their only excuse was "I fucked up," or "I was injured." Suck it up and drive on, Sir. Work on your skills, and take your ass back to Ranger school and earn your shit.

RFS'd???..I'm not familiar with the term.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”