General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Seems the cold weather freezes some peoples brains

Post by Jenny Lynn »

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-na ... r.Weather/
South chilled by Arctic winds, record snow in East

This article discusses the unusal cold sweeping the Eastern US this week.

The part of the article that really caught my eye ..."Most took it in stride, but some took it too far: Vermont State Police cited a man after stopping him pulling a sled — with a rider in it — behind his car on Interstate 89 on Sunday. He was cited for driving with a suspended license."

I'm all for fun but pulling a rider on a sled with your car on an Interstate, I think this person's brain must have been frozen by the cold weather.
Last edited by Jenny Lynn on January 5th, 2010, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Seems the cold weather freezes some peoples brains

Post by Ranger Bill »

When I was a kid, in the winter me and my neighborhood friends would grab onto the bumper of cars at the stop sign and drag behind them as they accelerated. If you were real cool, you crouched down and remained on your feet. Never thought of using a sled.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Lunch wrote:We used to have a metal saucer sled and a three wheeler with a ski up front for winter use. Dad used to haul ass through town with me in tow behind, kind of like tubing behind a boat- bouncing me off trees, whipping me over huge drift-jumps, dragging me down the street upside down under the sled if I rolled it...good times. Explains a few things.
we did the same only with snow mobiles....the metal saucer is wicked!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Proof that Ranger training starts at a young age :lol:
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

panthersix wrote:
Lunch wrote:We used to have a metal saucer sled and a three wheeler with a ski up front for winter use. Dad used to haul ass through town with me in tow behind, kind of like tubing behind a boat- bouncing me off trees, whipping me over huge drift-jumps, dragging me down the street upside down under the sled if I rolled it...good times. Explains a few things.
we did the same only with snow mobiles....the metal saucer is wicked!
X2
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger Bill wrote:When I was a kid, in the winter me and my neighborhood friends would grab onto the bumper of cars at the stop sign and drag behind them as they accelerated. If you were real cool, you crouched down and remained on your feet. Never thought of using a sled.
We used metal garbage can lids (yes, they used to be metal) and did the same thing. Good times!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

EarthPig wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:When I was a kid, in the winter me and my neighborhood friends would grab onto the bumper of cars at the stop sign and drag behind them as they accelerated. If you were real cool, you crouched down and remained on your feet. Never thought of using a sled.
We used metal garbage can lids (yes, they used to be metal) and did the same thing. Good times!
Exactly! Ah, the joys of growing up in a small town.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RetPara
Ranger

Post by RetPara »

We used to get old car hoods and tie them to back of pickup trucks and just go SCREAMING through the frozen pastures or down gravel roads!!!!! Fun as hell!!!!!! Didn't put my eye out either!!!! :D
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....

Return to “The Mosh Pit”