R & R

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

R & R

Post by Earthpig »

This has little to do with Rangering, but after I posted it in the Mojo Mayhem, I thought some of you other folks might be interested in it. For those who don't know, my family and I just returned a few days ago from a 5 day all-inclusive trip to Playa Del Carmen. Aside from temporarily loosing my 8 year old in the jungle, it was a 5-star vacation.
Here are a few links, if anyone is in need of some great, relaxing R&R.

I was apparently having a problem getting the proper link, so....here are a few shots of the resort:
Ruins....
One of the pools at night.
View looking towards beach area (this is just one corner of the resort).
View from the air.....you can see the jungle surrounding it.
Beneath the grass roof is a waterfall (look closely) that runs the length of that building. On the far side of the waterfall is the swim-up bar. I spent a few hours there! 8)
One of the many restaurants.
That's a lagoon in the background. The building beyond it is the seafood restaurant.
Another restaurant.
One of the rooms.
One of the many pools.
Map of the resort.

Here's another link to the resort:
http://www.hotels-playa-del-carmen.com/ ... -flamenco-

Here are a couple links to the Xcaret Eco-Park (where we temporarily lost one of the boys!). This was included in the price:
http://www.cancuntravel.com/aff_xcaret.asp?ID=1009
http://www.cancuncare.com/activities/xcaret/xcaret.htm

Finally, here is the company to plan the trip through. They pick you up at the Cancun Airport, carry your bags, and transport you straight to the resort. They check in with you throughout your stay to assist in any tours, reservations, travel advice, etc. if needed:
http://www.funjet.com/

Seriously, we had a five-star vacation. If any of you are looking for a worry free R&R deployment, you might consider this one. You can get by with no Spanish, but it helps to have a little.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Eeeeyyyyyhhh Ranger EarthPig, that water sure is pretty!!!

Is it on the Pacific side of Mehico?

I ain't seen water that clear on the Gulf side, that's for sure!
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Hey Zoomie,

Thanks for the post. I am not to good with geography and I thought all the Atlantic side was muddy looking.

I have fished in the Gulf extensively and the water starts turning blue about 5-10 miles out, but it ain't that pretty, even by a long shot.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

AngryPistols wrote:.....I thought all the Atlantic side was muddy looking.

I have fished in the Gulf extensively and the water starts turning blue about 5-10 miles out, but it ain't that pretty, even by a long shot.
This is NOTHING like the Gulf! I snorkeled all day nearly every day we were there and never wore a diving mask. The water didn't sting, didn't burn, and I could tell what kind of fish/ shells/ poontang I was looking at. The water is incredible!

Zoom-
I didn't do the 4-wheeling. Maybe we'll give that a try next year. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Desert Sloth wrote:C'mon EP.....you did'nt stay there, I am calling bullshit!!

Tell it like it is.....you stayed at the Motel 6 on the side of I-10.....your time in the "Playa" was kickin' it at the side of the Motel Pool with a six pack of Strohs.......while the kids were taking in the beautiful scenery.....at the zoo.

C'mon, you are a redneck at heart.....lay out the truth....we know the truth!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh alright....I admit it......in fact it was a step down from Motel 6....it was Motel Cinco! :shock:
Later today, I'll be getting my pics back. I'll post a couple in the Mojo of my ugly mug with what you saw above, in the background. :wink: Redneck? I don't even listen to country music! :lol:
RLTW
EP
Brat Attack
Ranger

Post by Brat Attack »

Any one here been to Cabo San Lucas? I just got back last week from a week there with 3 buddies. All I can say was wow...I met Ray Allan and Scott Williams the 2nd night at a club called Squid Roe. Couple nights later, in walks Jamie Foxx, and about 10 mins after that Queen Latifah(sp) walks in too. I went up to Jamie Foxx and shook his hand and talked to him for a little bit while he bought my friend and I a round of margaritas. Cabo is very crazy at night..but I am glad that I live in America! We stayed in a slum of a hotel..but it did have a pool, i felt bad for the cleaning lady after we got done with the room after a night on a booz cruise. Ranger EarthPig those are great pictures. They remind me of a chicks hotel :wink: I went to in Cabo, called playa del sol, absolutly amazing. Those pools in your pictures look awesome as hell.
C Co. Hardrock 1/75
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Brat Attack wrote:Any one here been to Cabo San Lucas? Blah Blah Blah....
A pictures worth a thousand words Brat Attack..... Get busy. :twisted:
number77
Embryo

Post by number77 »

RANGER EARTHPIG!!!
I went there and stayed at the same hotel. flamenco :D
all inclusive!!!
Brat Attack
Ranger

Post by Brat Attack »

Ranger Spartan,
Shit I wish I had my buddies photos. Funny thing is that only about half the time the flash was on cause my buddy was too drunk to remember to turn it on. If I can get some of the pics scanned I'll post em up before I leave..14 days and counting... :D
Armybrat-

Ps. Good joke to the admin who changed the names of DEPs and Newbs.
C Co. Hardrock 1/75
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
number77
Embryo

Post by number77 »

Ranger Earthpig,

also, did you get to climb that super huge pyramid?

Return to “The Mosh Pit”