Patrick Swayze dies of cancer at 57

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

Patrick Swayze dies of cancer at 57

Post by Chiron »

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Patrick Swayze, whose hunky good looks and sympathetic performances in such films as "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost" made him a romantic idol to millions, died Monday. He was 57.

Swayze died of pancreatic cancer, his publicist, Annett Wolf, told CNN.
"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," Wolf said in a statement Monday.

Full story
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
McD
Ranger

Re: Patrick Swayze dies of cancer at 57

Post by McD »

Wolverines!!!!

Put up a hell of a fight... but pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I'm not a "Fan" of any celebutard but, I like a quote from him I heard this morning it was something like this "I am not going to chase staying alive, I am going to live. If someone somewhere has the cure for cancer they would be very rich and very famous and they wouldn't be hard to find."
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

X2 on "Wolverines."
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Pancreatic Cancer is one of the worst. It took out my aunt recently. The bitch of it is that it likes to metastasize in other organs. By the time my aunt went, she had brain, liver, kidney and about 3 other major organs fully engulfed.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

The good news for my husband,son and self is that my husband only suffered a month after diagnosis before he died. It is a mean merciless illness.
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

litlbird wrote:The good news for my husband,son and self is that my husband only suffered a month after diagnosis before he died. It is a mean merciless illness.
I know what you mean and I am so sorry for your loss litbird. My brother died last October - cancer in his esophogus, 54 years old. Somebody needs to find a cure for this shit.
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

75rangermom wrote:
litlbird wrote:The good news for my husband,son and self is that my husband only suffered a month after diagnosis before he died. It is a mean merciless illness.
I know what you mean and I am so sorry for your loss litbird. My brother died last October - cancer in his esophogus, 54 years old. Somebody needs to find a cure for this shit.
It's hard. My brother died at 37 in 1996. We never forget and there are always moments that hit even after years. Sorry for your loss.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

Thanks for understanding. After a while...(for some of us too long) we come to understand that love lossed is love lossed no matter how that happens. I have been transitioning my Aunt all month long into her last stages of her life...the Dr.'s, the Hospice, the packing, the personal business, relocation, on and on it goes. She turned 56 last month. Yeah, Cancer sucks.

I arrived home late in the nite Friday and slept all day and nite Saturday. I need a good long hard ride but there's no time for that yet. Ranger on .

blessings,
litlbird

litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

Sorry for your loss 75rangermom,

Loving thoughts and sympathy,
Robin

Return to “The News Dump”