Army Has Lowered their Target Recruitment for the Year

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Ron Burgundy
USMC Veteran

Army Has Lowered their Target Recruitment for the Year

Post by Ron Burgundy »

I have read and heard that the Army has lowered, for the second month in a row, their recruitment goal and their reenlistment goal. Thus they will be selective with who they do send to MEP's. Basically no waivers, no candidates with issues, no prior service, etc..

Can someone in the know confirm or deny this? I am prior service and will possibly need a waiver for a tattoo on my hand, I was planning on waiting until Oct 1 to go to MEP's. That gives me time to be a super pt stud and get everything squared away. Is this a sound idea?
Cpl
USMC
5942 Aviation Radar Repairman
1996-2000
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: Army Has Lowered their Target Recruitment for the Year

Post by hit_it »

The Army has already made it's mission for the year, so while it will take people they will start closing the doors on those who need any "extra work" in the way of waivers.

I am told the NG is not even taking prior service if that person needs to reclass (obviously this does not apply to SF).

Things are about to get a little tough for the " i wan't to join, but I need XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" crowd.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

hit_it wrote:The Army has already made it's mission for the year, so while it will take people they will start closing the doors on those who need any "extra work" in the way of waivers.

I am told the NG is not even taking prior service if that person needs to reclass (obviously this does not apply to SF).

Things are about to get a little tough for the " i wan't to join, but I need XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" crowd.

"No more task force Smith!"

This sounds like good news...initially, but I am certain there is more to follow.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I'm sure there will be. The Army is not going to start the habit of saying no to "too many" people. They will just go month to month and see how many people the can afford to put in. Each recruiting battalion will have it's mission reduced.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”