Need help with a couple of CCW ??

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Need help with a couple of CCW ??

Post by cams »

Cams - thanks for the insight on the K40. I'll put that on my list of IWBs espically since I was looking for something I could ride with.
I looked at the specs of the K40 and every thing looks perfect except the price.
Roger that, the price has gone up remarkably in the last few years as Kahr has gained publicity.

I got mine before they went to the polymer frames so it's all steel, which I prefer, for 350.00 about 6yrs ago. They are expensive now but for CC, they're right on Brother.

If you get your mits around one, you'll be sold. Look for an older all steel frame/black/6+1 might get it alot cheaper than a new plastic one. Give her a tune up and you're GTG.

--- Side bar --- like your tag...we used it when I was a Batt boy --- Lawyers, Guns & Money 1978 --- FYI ---Zevon was born in Chicago, Illinois to William "Stumpy" Zevon (formerly "Zivotovsky" relative of folk/blues-singer, Jedaiah Zivotovsky), a boxer, small-time criminal and Mickey Cohen associate who was of Russian Jewish origin, and Beverly Cope Simmons, a Mormon from Salt Lake City, Utah....ain't that some shit???
That Sir, sure is some shit! 8)

Zevon was very popular around the barracks in my time still. Quite possibly a reminder of you and your friends at Batt still walking the halls, the horrors of young PVT's souls.... :twisted: :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

Well, I thought I was going to pick up an XD .40 sub-compact this past weekend but they didn't have one at my favorite shop or the gun show. They said it might be a couple of months to get one at the shop.

I picked up a Kahr .45 cw instead. Polymer frame about $450. Haven't had a chance to test drive it yet but I like the weight and feel. 6+1 not the best capacity but with 230 gr Hydroshocks I only have to connect with one. Now if I can get about 200 rounds through it and a tune up. Anyone know a good tuner...anyone...Cams...anyone?? :?

Guess I'll keep looking for that XD .40 :)

Thanks all for the input.
There are a lot of nice people in the world...I'm just here to help even it up.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Det 1 Co A 1/20 SFGA 81-83
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

RangerWill175 wrote: They said it might be a couple of months to get one at the shop.

WTF? Have all of the gun makers fucking quit and gone home or what?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

:lol:
Last edited by The Surgeon on August 6th, 2011, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bco 3/75
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

The Surgeon wrote:people are going nuts over this Obama shit
And the guns aren't the biggest problem. His "serialized ammo" bullshit has got me worried more. How is putting registered matching serial numbers on brass and lead going to help prevent crime? Answer: Its fucking not....I have a tip for the fucking liberal left: Criminals, by nature, COMMIT CRIMES!!!! Fucking DUH!! They don't care if the ammo is registered to someone or not. All this bullshit is going to do is jack up the price of ammo by 4X and stop law abiding citizens from being able to reload. That is all it will do...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I went last weekend to pick up some reloading stuff... not panic buy but stuff I need now. They place was almost empty. No large rifle primers, only a couple hundered large pistol primers and and only 1lb of the powder I wanted. The guy told me the day before that some dude bought $1500 of stuff a few days before.

Mark my words.... after all the "Sky is Falling" buying stops the dealers will be hurting as no one will be buying anything for a long time because of there stock pile.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

JLTW!!! wrote:
RangerWill175 wrote:Well, I thought I was going to pick up an XD .40 sub-compact this past weekend but they didn't have one at my favorite shop or the gun show. They said it might be a couple of months to get one at the shop.

I picked up a Kahr .45 cw instead. Polymer frame about $450. Haven't had a chance to test drive it yet but I like the weight and feel. 6+1 not the best capacity but with 230 gr Hydroshocks I only have to connect with one. Now if I can get about 200 rounds through it and a tune up. Anyone know a good tuner...anyone...Cams...anyone?? :?

Picking mine up tomorrow if we get a break in the weather....roads are frozen right now. Anyway, GT Distributors in Austin is where I am gonna pick mine up. I am gonna pick up the XD .40 service model. About $480 out the door; not many can touch them. I'll check on shipping, add'l costs if any, etc. for you. What state are you in again?
Thanks JLTW. I'm in Tallahassee, FL. I saw an XD .40 compact last weekend but not the sub-compact. The ammo thing is a problem here too. I picked up a NAA .380 Gardian last weekend also. Solid for a .380. Not my first choice of caliber (it doesn't start with a .4) but it should work as a nice pocket gun for shorts in the summer. I haven't been able to find .380 ammo though.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

want2race wrote:manufacturers are having difficulty getting materials (steel and aluminum). They WANT to make enough for the demand but can't. Not all, but some anyway.

The ammo thing is total crap. Last time I checked, not a big criminal element into reloading.[/b

And that is my POINT EXACTLY...It wont do a thing to stop crime...not one thing...but it will criminalize normal behavior for normal law abiding citizens!!!

Once again the anti-gun lobby is pushing legislation to reduce gun violence that will NOT reduce it. All it will be is an increase in cost to the Legal Gun Owner. The criminals will do whatever they want...they are fucking.....wait for it.......

criminals...they kinda don't care...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
45calgal
Ranger Wife

Post by 45calgal »

[quote="RangerWill175"]
quote]

Have you fired the XD .40? Will this be your concealed weapon? I have the xd .40 and 9mm. I like the subcompact for traveling but it pinches my finger after I put a few down range. How does it feel in your hand? I am a 45caliber girl myself. I know my gun shop in Texas has a few if you want to pay the shipping fee. I have the glock 26 i am using as my concealed carry. I like it a little more than the XD because it has the same trigger pull as my colt 45.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

45calgal wrote:
RangerWill175 wrote: Guess I'll keep looking for that XD .40 :)
quote]

Have you fired the XD .40? Will this be your concealed weapon? I have the xd .40 and 9mm. I like the subcompact for traveling but it pinches my finger after I put a few down range. How does it feel in your hand? I am a 45caliber girl myself. I know my gun shop in Texas has a few if you want to pay the shipping fee. I have the glock 26 i am using as my concealed carry. I like it a little more than the XD because it has the same trigger pull as my colt 45.

Will, you want and XD.40 Sub, I can get it for cost, no shipping. Course....you gotta come to the ranch bro.... 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
45calgal wrote:
quote]

Will, you want and XD.40 Sub, I can get it for cost, no shipping. Course....you gotta come to the ranch bro.... 8)
Pastor,
That sounds like a hell of a good deal. You still about 25 miles west of Houston? I'm only about 11 hours away. I've been looking for a good excuse to get out for one of your shoots. Let me know when you are having another get together. Gas is cheap and if you can keep me from under the boat it should be safe :wink: Thanks bro..

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

45calgal wrote:
quote]

45calgal,
I haven't shot the XD .40 sub yet, but I like my XD .45 compact (just a bit large and heavy). I'm sure the .40 sub might feel a little short in my hand but I believe it would be worth getting used to.

:shock: .. :shock: ...Excuse me...I was listening to the news while I did a little forum reading....Al Gore came on talking about "climate change" and I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :cry:

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Andy, Thanks for the discount tip...I am now the proud owner of 3 XD's that I paid "gun show retail for"!!!

Will, the sub is my favorite. Get the extended mag for the range, and run the short mags when you are carrying...for some reason that bitch don't print at all!!!!

45calgal, if the trigger pinch bothers you, try a mechanics glove...Ford told me it worked for him :wink: .
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90

Return to “Weapons of War”