Sit Rep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
candyman
Paratrooper

Sit Rep

Post by candyman »

Rangers,

Graduated OSUT Dec 12th, I also missed the ceremony for abdominal surgery.

I'm now in airborne hold till roughly Jan 26th.

I wasn't satisfied with my PT score due to my injury, but thats life.

Reporting back to Fort Benning on Jan 6.

Thanks for all of advice.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
Dreadnought
Ranger

Re: Sit Rep

Post by Dreadnought »

Those holdover times are something else... However, I was lucky enough to get slotted for the last BAC class of the 08 year, so I had no holdover time; we simply "inprocessed" at holdover, went on 4 day pass for the Thanksgiving weekend, came back, and moved to 1/507. Now, however, I'm in RIP hold until about early February, according to ATRRS. I haven't heard any other word on it yet.

Congratulations Infantryman, Airborne is a really neat experience. I can't even IMAGINE how much fun you're going to have at the harness shed, and the stroll down there is really pleasant!
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats candyman on receiving your Blue Cord.

Get yourself a new avatar, tacticals are good (just a suggestion).
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Hope you get healed up for BAC. You'll enjoy it if you do.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Congratulations on the Blue cord and you can bet you will have a Happy New Year!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
candyman
Paratrooper

Post by candyman »

Thanks Rangers, I have one question that I have not been able to find out about RIP, are you allowed to wear non-issue hot weather boots during training? I've been told I am able to for Airborne.

XCrunner, its extremely possible we'd be in the same class, I'll send you my number if you want it and we'll find out eventually. I'll be in the airport for a good 13 hours, maybe I'll see you in the USO if you wait for the bus? Congrats to you too anyways!
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

You can wear issued boots or Belleville 390's or 790's in RIP.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
candyman
Paratrooper

Post by candyman »

Rangers, so these won't be allowed in RIP? My friend was a Ranger and is now a recruiter due to his baby and said that they should be fine as he wore a pair that he bought when he went through in 2003.

http://www.altama.com/Tp1/item_detail.a ... mCode=3358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

candyman wrote:Rangers, so these won't be allowed in RIP? My friend was a Ranger and is now a recruiter due to his baby and said that they should be fine as he wore a pair that he bought when he went through in 2003.

http://www.altama.com/Tp1/item_detail.a ... mCode=3358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't say I'm an authority or even close to it, but when I and my Airborne class checked into RIP Holdover, we were told that the only boots we are allowed to wear are "issued" boots or "issuable" boots (IE those Bellevilles), which means that I can't wear my Blackhawks. I am going to go by what the holdover Ranger NCOs told me, and nothing else. Issued boots, welcome home.

EDIT: For relevance, I received the briefing on the 20th of December, so the information is timely.
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
candyman
Paratrooper

Post by candyman »

Dreadnought wrote:
candyman wrote:Rangers, so these won't be allowed in RIP? My friend was a Ranger and is now a recruiter due to his baby and said that they should be fine as he wore a pair that he bought when he went through in 2003.

I can't say I'm an authority or even close to it, but when I and my Airborne class checked into RIP Holdover, we were told that the only boots we are allowed to wear are "issued" boots or "issuable" boots (IE those Bellevilles), which means that I can't wear my Blackhawks. I am going to go by what the holdover Ranger NCOs told me, and nothing else. Issued boots, welcome home.

EDIT: For relevance, I received the briefing on the 20th of December, so the information is timely.

Well looks like im SOL, my issue h/w boots happend to catch fire somewhat during my FTX and the lady at 30th refused to DX them since they were "intentionally damaged". I wasnt the only one, looks like I'll have to buy them. Any idea how much they are?

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

A quick search on US Cavalry shows Belleville 390s selling for approx. 75.
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13

Return to “Letters from School”