HAPPY THANKSGIVING

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

litlbird
Ranger Mom

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by litlbird »

I used to host and cook a 4 day Thanksgiving fest here in the hill country outback...just bring your contributory food items, joy juice and coat, rain or shine, freezing or not. This is my first feast to cook in over 6yrs. The cooking is done, I didn't burn anything :lol:

It's good to share a heart of thankfulness this time of year...so Happy Thanksgiving Rangers. Thank you for letting parents like myself hang out, to read and learn thru the open forums...and for leading and training my son to be his own best man,a soldier elite and thank you for giving him a home and brotherhood for life.

God Bless you and all that matters to each of you this Thanksgiving.
litlbird
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.
Chiron
Ranger

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by Chiron »

Wow it's been 18 years since my last Thanksgiving! Over here I haven't been in contact with Ex-patriots so my only contact with the holiday is through the site...

Happy Thanksgiving!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Chiron - do you guys celebrate it at all as a family? Cook up a turkey or ham? Get drunk and fight with the in-laws? Any of those great Thanksgiving traditions?
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ALL!

enjoy your holiday with your families, friends, cell mates where ever you are; CONUS/OCONUS. :D
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Andy
Ranger

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by Ranger Andy »

I'd write more, but I'm getting ready to stuff my turkey before I set it on fire!

Everyone - have a Great Turkey Day...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Below are a couple of very bad pictures of my Thanksgiving '69 location. My hooch is circled and the flat building (shadow) was the mess hall we ate our lovely dinner. This is the top of Nui Ba Den (Black Virgin Mountain). I spent a month up there running a radio relay station when I first arrived at I Co., 75th Inf., before they had a team for me.

Thankful to be thinking about it 39 year later, happy, healthy and spending today with both of my daughters and their husbands and my two grandsons!

The Best to everyone!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Everett Ruess wrote:Happy Thanksgiving all.

Chiron - do you guys celebrate it at all as a family? Cook up a turkey or ham? Get drunk and fight with the in-laws? Any of those great Thanksgiving traditions?
No, I'm the only American and they celebrate Greek holidays so I get to miss Holloween, Thanksgiving and all the rest as they are work days here. I know it sucks but I'll never lose the awesome memories. Some ex-patriots do get together and celebrate but most are far away....
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I just finished my Thanksgiving dinner a couple hours ago here in Baghdad with a couple of my buddies. It was almost as good as eating turkey out of mermites at Camp Merrill in 95. :lol: I will be home in a couple days for the rest of the holidays though. I hope everybody enjoys this holiday season as much as I plan too.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Gobble Gobble to all.

Happy Turkey Day!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Chiron wrote:
Everett Ruess wrote:Happy Thanksgiving all.

No, I'm the only American and they celebrate Greek holidays so I get to miss Holloween, Thanksgiving and all the rest as they are work days here. I know it sucks but I'll never lose the awesome memories. Some ex-patriots do get together and celebrate but most are far away....
Well I ate plenty for you and everyone else. Drank a wee bit of Absinthe too I think...
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Mosh Pit”