Medical School Sucks!

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Clownpuncher
Ranger

Medical School Sucks!

Post by Clownpuncher »

It does.
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

"Utinam populus Romanus unam cervicem haberet! [If only the Roman people had one neck!]" --Caligula
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Damn...last I heard you went to Colorado...glad you are alive. Glad also that Medical School sucks. Hate to think Docs went through some candy ass shake and bake.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Clownpuncher
Ranger

Post by Clownpuncher »

Yeah I was in Colorado living the good life....no money, no studying, free rent, and lots of drinking.

Now...I have money, study my ass off, pay rent, and drink less. It's like I grew up or something.
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

"Utinam populus Romanus unam cervicem haberet! [If only the Roman people had one neck!]" --Caligula
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Clownpuncher wrote:Yeah I was in Colorado living the good life....no money, no studying, free rent, and lots of drinking.

Now...I have money, study my ass off, pay rent, and drink less. It's like I grew up or something.
Fucking hate THAT! :lol: :lol: Where are you in Maryland. UM?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Great to hear from you, Brother! You can catch up on all that drinking when it's all over. Besides, we have your back....I'm drinking enough for both of us. :wink: How much longer? You planning a trip south anytime soon?

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Clownpuncher
Ranger

Post by Clownpuncher »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Clownpuncher wrote:Yeah I was in Colorado living the good life....no money, no studying, free rent, and lots of drinking.

Nah, I'm going to USUHS [It's ok noone has heard of it]. It's the DoD medschool so I am now a butter bar getting paid to study. I can't believe people actually pay to get kicked in the nuts by med school...At least I can view it as my job. :lol:
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Clownpuncher wrote:

Nah, I'm going to USUHS [It's ok noone has heard of it]. It's the DoD medschool so I am now a butter bar getting paid to study. I can't believe people actually pay to get kicked in the nuts by med school...At least I can view it as my job. :lol:
Ive heard of it and what a great thing my tax dollar is supporting it....and you. So get off your overpaid tax burdened ass and study. I may need a hip replacement some day. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

Clownpuncher
Ranger

Post by Clownpuncher »

EarthPig wrote:Great to hear from you, Brother! You can catch up on all that drinking when it's all over. Besides, we have your back....I'm drinking enough for both of us. :wink: How much longer? You planning a trip south anytime soon?

RLTW
EP
Earthpig!!! Good to hear from you....Yeah, man I plan on running down there for the Christmas holidays.

How much longer?? Ha....um....well 3.5 more years until my MD and then a minimum of a 3 year residency before I can practice with autonomy. So, I can't get deployed for 7 years...basically what that means.
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

Clownpuncher
Ranger

Post by Clownpuncher »

Clownpuncher wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote: Fucking hate THAT! :lol: :lol: Where are you in Maryland. UM?
Ive heard of it and what a great thing my tax dollar is supporting it....and you. So get off your overpaid tax burdened ass and study. I may need a hip replacement some day. 8)
Ha! Yeah...I am a fine example of your tax dollars at work. :lol:
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Clownpuncher wrote:
Clownpuncher wrote: Nah, I'm going to USUHS [It's ok noone has heard of it]. It's the DoD medschool so I am now a butter bar getting paid to study. I can't believe people actually pay to get kicked in the nuts by med school...At least I can view it as my job. :lol:
You fucking better be. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Clownpuncher wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote: Ive heard of it and what a great thing my tax dollar is supporting it....and you. So get off your overpaid tax burdened ass and study. I may need a hip replacement some day. 8)
You fucking better be. 8)
Especially since we know where you are...
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I noticed that you are not on the roster. At your convenience, give me a call and I'll make sure you are enrolled in some of our activities.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Clownpuncher wrote:
EarthPig wrote:Great to hear from you, Brother! You can catch up on all that drinking when it's all over. Besides, we have your back....I'm drinking enough for both of us. :wink: How much longer? You planning a trip south anytime soon?

RLTW
EP
Earthpig!!! Good to hear from you....Yeah, man I plan on running down there for the Christmas holidays.

How much longer?? Ha....um....well 3.5 more years until my MD and then a minimum of a 3 year residency before I can practice with autonomy. So, I can't get deployed for 7 years...basically what that means.
Maybe we can hook up in December. You have your work cut out for you, Brother. But if anybody can ace through it, you can. Keep setting the standard. Hope to see you soon.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Clownpuncher
Ranger

Post by Clownpuncher »

Jim wrote:I noticed that you are not on the roster. At your convenience, give me a call and I'll make sure you are enrolled in some of our activities.
Roger that!
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Medical school sucks
I can't believe people actually pay to get kicked in the nuts by med school.
No shit, at least your getting paid, and you will be better paid in your residency. Of course that is where your advantage ends.

Seriously though, congratulations on matriculation, and study as though your future depends on it (not that the lives of your fellow soldiers/patients shouldn't be motivation alone). It sucks to know exactly what you want to do in medicine and not have the grades to get that residency. There is a lot of crying on match day (I actually thought the crying was kind of funny). Don't be caught crying.

And for the record, I matched top choice and my residencies first pick.

Good luck bro, and don't be afraid to PM, my wife is also a USUHS grad. so if you have questions...
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/

Return to “Medical Issues”