Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

I could definately tell where I'm the weakest with this workout. Those frog jumps are ass kickers! Borrowed a backpack and high-stepped an 18-20 yrd. hill with the required weight as a substitute for ruck and stairs. Thanks for the comments Ranger Nomad.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

For yesterday's workout my time was 34:12. I cannot believe I finished 7 minutes after the desired time.
I utilized a hill with my ruck. The mountain climbers were the toughest for me.

Hello fellow DEP's, I am curious to see how you younger guys time on these exercises...
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

inter06 wrote:Ranger Nomad,

For yesterday's workout my time was 34:12. I cannot believe I finished 7 minutes after the desired time.
I utilized a hill with my ruck. The mountain climbers were the toughest for me.

Hello fellow DEP's, I am curious to see how you younger guys time on these exercises...
Not sure how you managed to finish 7 minutes after the alloted time, unless you took longer breaks between circuits.

At any rate, keep doing these types of workouts. They will help you when you get in. Benching 300+lbs doesn't do shit for you when you have to climb a wall in full kit or drag your buddy. As a matter of fact, most guys I work with (mil and various government) have now gone away from getting "big" because it just hurts them in the long run.

I'll be posting up a new WO tomorrow. Take today to stretch out and hydrate if your mentor doesn't have anything else planned for you.

If Ranger Jurena has you on a WO plan, ask him first if he wants you to do these circuits. He might have other goals for you.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today's workout:

This one is best done with a total of four people, but can be done alone.

Here's how it works:

First you do 25 PU's, then you move on to the next station. Nobody can move on to the next station until the current person on the PU station has completed 25 reps.

From there you go to the wall ball station. A 10lbs and a 5lb ball will work.

Then you move to the Hammer/Tire drill.

Last but not least, KB swings with a KB that weighs 25% of your BW.

You will do this three times in a row without a pause. This will constitute one complete round. There will be three rounds total here, with one minute break after each round.

If you do this by yourself, shoot for 25 PU's, followed by 30 seconds on each of the other stations. If my math is correct (I did this with my team) you should come out to about 20 minutes of WO.

Remember you only get as much out of this as you put in. I can tell you that towards the end, in each round, my pecs were smoked. Complete all exercises with good form, but also remain explosive in motion.

Post 'em up!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Nwrestler wrote:Ranger Nomad,
Time was 22:36, I did the workout alone and subsituted the tire and hammer drill with hitting a big oak log with an axe and the Kettle Ball Swings I subsituted with a dumbell.
Tyler
Interesting choice to sub it with a an axe. Some Viking attitude there!

The time is good. I knocked it out in around 20:10 with my team. Glad you joined in.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Ran the Susan G Komen foundation "Race for 2nd Base" 5k this morning over here.

23:17 for 3 miles.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Nope. You want to know how bad I got smoked? Send a PM to lonergr77. That man obliged to making me a heartless prick. Probably one of the hardest, tough-as-nails Rangers you will ever have the pleasure of possibly meeting.

No offense, but your wrestling drills would've made me a happy camper as a private compared to what he did to turn us into men.

Tomorrow's workout will be up in 18 hours.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today's workout is a good one. I think you guys will find your weak point somewhere in there.

The WO will consist of 5 rounds, non-stop, of the following exercises, in sequence:

20 Pull Ups
30 Push Ups
40 Sit Ups
50 Squats

Finish each station's required numbers before moving on to the next one. As usual, use good form on those exercises. If you're kicking your legs or doing crunches, you are cheating yourself.

My time was 23:09 . Put em up, gents!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Sorry, but I'm out for a few days. I made a post in the medical section about my problem. I hate that I'm missing this one. I'll make it up and post my results.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

I completed the 5 rounds in 33:27. My pullups were a complete mess after the 2nd round; and the other exercises were a breeze comparatively.
Now I got to catch up on Saturday's workout.

Fellow DEP's!! I understand you may have another workout plan or whatever, but until you complete some of these workouts you're passing up on a great opportunity.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Sorry, but I'm out for a few days. I made a post in the medical section about my problem. I hate that I'm missing this one. I'll make it up and post my results.
DUG,

You've done very good so far. No need to re-injure anything.

Wait until you are healed up and then come back to this. If it takes a week or a month, we need you to be at a 100% again.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I completed the 5 rounds in 33:27. My pullups were a complete mess after the 2nd round; and the other exercises were a breeze comparatively.

Fellow DEP's!! I understand you may have another workout plan or whatever, but until you complete some of these workouts you're passing up on a great opportunity.
Inter06,

Most people I worked out with were having problems after the third round of Pull Ups. Obviously their conditioning is better than the average joe, but nonetheless, Pull Ups was the single biggest asskicker in that workout.

Remember to use some sense here and break them down to manageable levels.

For the first set, I did 15/5.
The second set I did 10/7/3.
Third set was 10/5/5.
Fourth was something like 7/5/5/3.
Fifth set was a serious pain in the ass. I think I did 6/4/4/3/3.

Pushups were easier, because I would switch the positioning of my hands from normal to wide and back during the sets.

Good effort though. Glad you're working on this and identifying weaknesses in your physical training.

Now's the time to get stronger. Once you are in, you will annihilate your training compadres at the APFT and other events, such as obstacle courses, rope climbs etc.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Well done Kyle. I would, at this point, encourage you to call your fellow DEP's limp wristed Fags for not participating. :wink:

With all those college hours your going to be in charge once once you hit the ground. Add your Option 40 to the mix and all eyes will be on you, so you will be expected to be bigger, stronger and faster. Or.."move further, faster and fight harder".
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “About Army Physical Training”