Hello Rangers, Thanks for Having Me

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

chace87
Egg

Hello Rangers, Thanks for Having Me

Post by chace87 »

Hello All,
Chace, Army National Guard Enlistee, Soon to be 11B Airborne for the 173rd LRS Detachment, 42nd Infantry Division. I recently joined the Guard to get my foot in the military door while some personal/family issues play out, but I have every intention of going active as soon as possible via a conditional release. I ship to BCT/OSUT at Fort Benning 2OCT2008 which will be immediately followed by Jump School. Ever since my initial interest in the Army I wanted to be a Ranger, and I wouldn't even sign my contract until my recruiter guaranteed me Airborne. This site has only helped spark my enthusiasm and provided me a plethora of great information not available anywhere else on the net.

I was just wondering how many if any of you became Rangers thru the Guard or after the Guard, if that is even possible. A little advice on the best path to take, or perhaps some personal accounts of success would help calm my nerves a bit. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

* As a side note: Although I worked out vigorously and scored quite well on my ASVABS (an 85), I've chosen to clear up some dramatic credit issues before trying to acquire a SECRET level clearance, that's why I didn't seek a Ranger option in my contract, and the reason I'm waiting a year or more to try and become a Ranger.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Check PMs for ROE.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
resqparamedic
Ranger

Post by resqparamedic »

Welcome...
Regt HQ '93 - '94
Bco 3/75 '94 - '96

Afghanistan '04 - '05
Iraq '05 - '08
Sudan '08 - '09
Iraq '09 - As soon as I can finish up my contract!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

NG to the Regt can be done, but it ain't easy at all. it'll take some work on your part.

several of us managed it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

chace87

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4