officer wife vs. enlisted wife

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Proud Ranger Wife
Sister

officer wife vs. enlisted wife

Post by Proud Ranger Wife »

Okay, hopefully one of you can explain this to me. I'm totally confused about who I'm "allowed" to hang out with and who I'm not. It makes sense not to hang out with the wives of officers in the BN who my husband reports to but what about others? Or does he technically report to anyone who is higher ranking?

I was just told that I need to find out the rank of each lady's Ranger so I can figure out whether or not it is allowed for us to be friends. What does that mean? I guess I was under the mistaken impression that a Ranger is a Ranger period.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this subject for me so I don't get myself or my husband in trouble. Thanks!
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: officer wife vs. enlisted wife

Post by BadMuther »

Proud Ranger Wife wrote:Okay, hopefully one of you can explain this to me. I'm totally confused about who I'm "allowed" to hang out with and who I'm not. It makes sense not to hang out with the wives of officers in the BN who my husband reports to but what about others? Or does he technically report to anyone who is higher ranking?

I was just told that I need to find out the rank of each lady's Ranger so I can figure out whether or not it is allowed for us to be friends. What does that mean? I guess I was under the mistaken impression that a Ranger is a Ranger period.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this subject for me so I don't get myself or my husband in trouble. Thanks!
What Rank is your husband?

Be friends with whoever you want. My ex-wife (who was about the nicest person) did not tolerate shit from other wives who thought they could "pull rank" on her.

Act respectful, like a good wife should, and talk/associate with who you want. Don't get into the gossip or the backtalking or any other BS.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

:::PROTOCOL:::
PRW,
Familiarize yourself with AR 600-20. This regulation outlines the fraternization policy within the Army. Bottom Line, technically you can be friends with whoever you like. There are not any regulations concerning Spousal behavior.

Associations between officer and enlisted that occur in the context of community organizations, religious activities, athletic teams and events, unit-based social functions, or family gatherings are not prohibited.

Some other highlights of the Regulation

The Army continues to prohibit all unprofessional relationships that:
1. compromise the chain of command
2. cause partiality or unfairness
3. involve the improper use of rank for personal gain
4. are exploitative or coercive in nature
5. create an adverse impact on discipline, authority, morale, or mission accomplishment

Hope this was helpful!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Silverback wrote::::PROTOCOL:::
There are not any regulations concerning Spousal behavior.
I cannot speak about the Ranger BN, however, there is an informal rank structure among the officers' wives in the Army and I think the term is called 'Pillow Rank'.

At their social events, they would be introduced as Mrs. 'Colonel' Jones. From what I saw, it was quite sickening. :roll:

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Proud Ranger Wife
Sister

Post by Proud Ranger Wife »

Ranger BadMuther, my husband is a PFC. Thanks for your advice!

Ranger Sobersides, Ranger Silverback and AngryPistols, thank you for helping me clear that up.

When she told me to find out the rank of each Ranger, it was like a flashback to jr. high! "You have to be from the right side of the tracks to be in our clique!"

Now I just can't wait to go to the Ranger Ball to be introduced to a "Mrs. Colonel X" LOL
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

You can hang out with however you want. Your not in the Army and yoiu are not required to act that way. Some wife's think that they carry their husbands rank. Tell em to fuck off. :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Get this. When I was an E-5, my wife was an O-3.....I joined the Officers wives club, went to several functions, got a bunch of them chicks all liquered up, was eventually asked to NOT be a member. God, I loved those days, jabs to the rib cage of sensibilities carried by some prominant officers wives....I became personal friends with Gen. Vaughts wife (you old guys should remember him, led the Iran Raid (Desert One)
She was a hooooot! She told me she didnt give a rats ass about my rank, my wifes rank or anyone elses.....she eithre likes em, or she doesnt. Cool woman.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Proud Ranger Wife wrote:Ranger BadMuther, my husband is a PFC. Thanks for your advice!

Ranger Sobersides, Ranger Silverback and AngryPistols, thank you for helping me clear that up.

When she told me to find out the rank of each Ranger, it was like a flashback to jr. high! "You have to be from the right side of the tracks to be in our clique!"

Now I just can't wait to go to the Ranger Ball to be introduced to a "Mrs. Colonel X" LOL
No prob...like what has been said, be friends with whoever you want...if they give you shit for your husband being a PFC, tell them that you aren't in the army and they can go fuck themselves.....

Try to make friends outside of the army too...neighbors, co-workers, classmates, etc......

Sometimes the wive's support group can help, and other times it's a bunch of BS...

A good captain's wife will make sure all the young Pfc's wives have everything they need, and will make them feel at ease......bad ones will hold their husband's rank over all the other wives.....
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

BadMuther wrote:
Proud Ranger Wife wrote: No prob...
Try to make friends outside of the army too...neighbors, co-workers, classmates, etc......

Sometimes the wive's support group can help, and other times it's a bunch of BS...
That sounds like good advice and I knew Ranger BadMuther had a touch of kindness in him. :P
Angry

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

AngryPistols wrote:
BadMuther wrote: That sounds like good advice and I knew Ranger BadMuther had a touch of kindness in him. :P

Touch of kindness???You didnt know that Bad Mutha (Emphasis on MUTHA) is a chick? Oh yea, guess he acts like a guy once in a while but he definatly a chick. You two would get along great.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Abell9 wrote:
AngryPistols wrote:

Touch of kindness???You didnt know that Bad Mutha (Emphasis on MUTHA) is a chick? Oh yea, guess he acts like a guy once in a while but he definatly a chick. You two would get along great.
where is the Motherfuckin love old man? Dayum!!!

And Pistols, what have I ever done to you to insinuate that I was a Turd Batt (Butt) Ranger????????????????
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

BadMuther wrote:And Pistols, what have I ever done to you to insinuate that I was a Turd Batt (Butt) Ranger????????????????
You haven't Ranger BadMuther.

I was merely pointing out the fact that you are capable of more emotions than rage, anger and hostility. Actually kinda of warm and cozy. Almost like a Woobie from days gone by...

Angry
Angry

BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

AngryPistols wrote:
BadMuther wrote:And Pistols, what have I ever done to you to insinuate that I was a Turd Batt (Butt) Ranger????????????????
You haven't Ranger BadMuther.

I was merely pointing out the fact that you are capable of more emotions than rage, anger and hostility. Actually kinda of warm and cozy. Almost like a Woobie from days gone by...

Angry
I am going to go eat my gun now.......... :(

Return to “The Mosh Pit”