Getting opt 40 or airborne school on contract

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
racer88
Embryo

Getting opt 40 or airborne school on contract

Post by racer88 »

So I have security clearance issues, I live in a small town and had a couple incidences that look 100 times worse on paper. I am joining the army for two reasons. The challenge and the educational benefits, I have already learned that my recruiters are feeding me what ever kind of lies and manipulation to get me in and that the 100 percent tuition assitance has a cap of about 23% of what I would need to attend the school I want to attend. But Money is not the issue for me I want to become a Ranger I know I have what it takes and for me its the only way I would join the military. So I was wondering if there was someone I could talk to on this forum about my situation so I can find out the bottom line truth and stop wasting my recruiters/ my time if Im following a carrot on a stick with this.
Also my recruiter said that he could get airborne on my contract not matter what, so if that is the case and I cant get opt 40, do I have a chance at volunteering for RIP out of airborne school despite my security clearance issues? Thank you for your time -Austen
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Ranger JLTW!!!, Which forum might that be? So I dont run into a second reply similar to this one... General Discussion?
Last edited by racer88 on May 4th, 2008, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

racer88 wrote:Which forum might that be? So I dont run into a second reply similar to this one... General Discussion?
Wow. :roll:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

sorry, read "go post in proper forum" minus the intro part, but thank you, got it
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Please tell me that this guy is gone.....
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

hit_it wrote:Please tell me that this guy is gone.....
His ability to post was revoked for two days SFC hit_it. It's been re-instated earlier this evening. He's been assigned two essays. 1 by Nomad & 2nd by Jim. So clock is ticking. you can read about it in MOJO.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Steadfast wrote:
hit_it wrote:Please tell me that this guy is gone.....
His ability to post was revoked for two days SFC hit_it. It's been re-instated earlier this evening. He's been assigned two essays. 1 by Nomad & 2nd by Jim. So clock is ticking. you can read about it in MOJO.
Roger, Ranger. I read the SITREP last night.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
MadHatter
Embryo

Post by MadHatter »

Rangers, I have the same issue as this guy. I don't know if I'll be able to get the secret security clearance so I was considering just going option 4 airborne and hope to get the chance to volunteer for RIP at jump school. That way I figure hopefully I'll get the shot at RIP before they have a chance to process my clearance. Otherwise I have to ask for an option 40 and hope I pass the clearance but if I don't, I'm dead in the water with no chance at rip.
I will do whatever it takes to complete the mission.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

They should be able to get you the secret clearance before you even sign the contract. If you can't get it, you can't get in the Regiment.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
MadHatter
Embryo

Post by MadHatter »

Thank you Ranger rgrking. That makes sense and clears some confusion.
I will do whatever it takes to complete the mission.

Return to “Recruitment Process”